Swelling Question Two Weeks Post Op (Because I'm Unique, Just Like All of You)

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/09 7:55 am
Hey everyone!!!

I'm two weeks post-op and doing okie dokie.  All the drains are out (yeeee-OUCH!), and I'm down to vicodin only once, at night.  Still not showering yet though

Soooo . . . this morning I tried on my size ten suit (I wear suits to work) . . . and yee haw, it fits!  This is good news because I was worried about having to buy larger size clothing to work the first few weeks back in early September.  I've got the idea in mind that at least I can wear what I have for a while, which is great!

But . . . yowser, I sure am swollen.  I still weigh about what I did before losing 9+ pounds of crud from my body on the surgeon's table.

So!  The question I'm going to post here is the same one you've seen on these boards a bazillion times already, but . . . I can't either find or remember what I'm looking for.

If you had circumferential lower body lift

1)  How many months post-op were you when you felt your swelling had really subsided?
2)  How many sizes down were you from pre-op, once that swelling had really gone away?

Thank you all for your continuing guidance, laughter, and support!
Jupiter6
on 8/13/09 11:10 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm 7 weeks post op and just this week am starting to lose the water weight-- about 5.5 of the 10 pounds I left on the floor are gone now. I hope the other 4.5 go quickly and takes a few friends with them.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

workingmommy
on 8/13/09 11:54 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I am a bit over 2 months post my LBL.  My swelling from that surgery had essentially gone down by 5 weeks.  I was a 12 pre-op, am now a 6, but still have aboout 7 lbs of swelling due to my second surgery and expect to go to a 4 (I can already sqeeze into them).  good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

DS Facts
on 8/14/09 7:45 am
Wow April a 12 to a 6/4, that's amazing!!
workingmommy
on 8/14/09 3:09 pm, edited 8/14/09 3:09 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Thanks!  My PS is a rockstar!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

cbhjr98
on 8/13/09 6:19 pm
I'm 4 months post-op - I lost 6.5 pounds of crud and just my swelling is gone. I'm about 9 pounds down right now (to 116 from 125 pre-op). Size-wise I'm the same, just everything fits 'normal' and better - no more giant thighs clinging to pants, etc.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
totalfreedom
on 8/15/09 1:45 am - Northern CA
Hi

I am 7.5 months from an LBL/Butt Aug/thigh Lift.  I am still swelling.  My lymph just doesn't know where to go some days.

Pre weight 124, now weigh from 129 to 132.  I have some good days.  But mostly swollen at some point during the day.  Just last weekend went to Crater Lake, Oregon.  Just walking around the rim on the trails, I swelled up and had to loosen my belt by 2 notches.

Pre size:  2 petite and junior 3's and 5's.  Now 4 petite mostly.  I can wear some 2's if I can squeeze them up over my new hips/butt.  I think my waist is a size 2, but my hips are a size 4. I cannot wear juniors at all.  But all that is good, because I now have a butt.  I haven't bought alot of new clothes, still waiting for the swelling to get under better control.

I just started working out again a few weeks back.  I was afraid I would swell more.  But actually it doesn't seem to matter either way.  I am feeling much better now that i work out.  I am hoping the exercise will actually help the swelling in the end.

I did do lymph massage for about 6 weeks.  That did help.  I am considering starting it again.  I have heard of some individuals having swelling issues for up to a year or 18 months.  I think I will be one of them.  To be frank, that is why I won't be doing my arms until I see final results.  I do not want to have consistent swelling in my arms for life!

Here's hoping you have better luck with swelling then I.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Most Active