plastic surgeons

lori J.
on 8/12/09 10:24 am - rome, GA
does anyone know a plastic surgeon in georgia that will bill your insurance and not ask for the full amount up front. my insurance covers a tummy tuck but no one wants to contact insurance first. (bcbs of michigan)  they want me to pay up front then they will contact the insurance.

Redhaired
on 8/12/09 2:46 pm - Mouseville, FL
Back when I was first looking into plastics I was looking for someone who accepted Tricare.  At that time I exchanged a couple of emails with Dr Bill Mitchell and he indicated that he did work with Tricare.  I would think that if he worked with Tricare, he would accept other insurance as well.  He has offices in Brunswick, Waycross and St. Mary's.  912-280-9977 or 1-877-280-9977.  http://www.renuemd.com/  I ended up going with a surgeon closer to home.  Let me know how it goes. 

Red

dmoore1162
on 8/13/09 1:07 pm
If the provider participates with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia, they are contractually obligated to bill BCBS then. Per thier contract with Blue Cross, they cannot collect more than your out of pocket amounts - deductible and coinsurance - at the time services are rendered.  They only thing they can collect from you up front is any applicable deductible and coinsurance.  They cannot collect for the deductible if you have already met it. 

If a procedure is not covered by your insurance, they can bill you for the procedure up front. 

To find a provider who participates with your insurance, you can go to bcbs.com.  In the top right hand corner, there is a search field that lets you search for participating providers in your area.  You can also call your customer service department at bcbs mi and ask them to send you a directory of participating providers in your area.  You can also ask them for names, phone numbers and addresses of particpating providers - plastic surgeons in your area.  Then you can contact them. 

Delores Moore
it's never too late

Most Active