New here

Ginger L.
on 8/13/09 2:17 am - Woodstock, GA
I'm new here and have a few questions that I'm sure has been ask a million times but due to limited time , I wanted to ask anyway.    I'm officially out 1 year today from RNY have lost 126 lbs and am officially in onderland.  I have tons of loose skin.  I am not ready to make a move just yet but will be looking into some plastics in the future.  My question is.... When did you  know it was time   to start looking into surgery?   How long do they recommend that you are at a stable weight ect.   Like I said sorry for the questions and I'm very very new in my research but thought I'd start with some of the experts here that have been there done that!  

Thanks for your time!
Ginger

Starting Weight: 325;  Pre Surgery Weight: 314

Sally W.
on 8/13/09 3:24 am - IA
My surgeon told me when he thought my weight was stabilized and I was ready.
Sally
Ginger L.
on 8/13/09 3:40 am - Woodstock, GA
Thanks Sally!   I cant wait to get rid of these bat wings and lift my what used to be boobs  !!  I think everything else can wait but these two are starting to drive me crazy.. Theres just something about cramming in extra skin into a bra just to try and look like I still have boobs.. LOL

Sally W.
on 8/13/09 3:46 am - IA
I am having my panni removed next week. I need my arms done, but I am having to fight for approval from ins. for those of course.  Hopefully they will see it IS medically necessary!  Boobs..yeah they are MUCH smaller, but for now, they will have to do. I need to work on exercising more and work on my legs after my panni removal.  One step at a time!
Sally
Ginger L.
on 8/13/09 3:55 am - Woodstock, GA
I know what you mean about the one step at a time thing!!  I haven't even checked w/ ins to see if anyting is even covered at this point its all just curiosity I think for ME but hopefully It will all happen in the future. 

Wendy_Canada
on 8/13/09 4:47 am - Canada

HI Ginger and welcome

Usually a plastic surgeon wants you to be at your goal weight or close to it and stabalized for 6 months.  I know your in a hurry but you don't want to be at a weight and get your surgery then lose more and look saggy.  Good luck in your research and congrats on your weight loss

Wendy

Ginger L.
on 8/14/09 2:29 am - Woodstock, GA
Thanks Wendy!  Yes I'm looking forward to it  but  I know its something I need to do when its time.. Just wondering when you knew it was time.. LOL  the 6 mo stabilization makes complete since!!  Thanks!

G

Cindy F.
on 8/14/09 2:21 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Hello Ginger

Welcome to the boards.  I think as soon as your weight is stablized.  Once you have a consultation with Dr. he can help you with that.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Ginger L.
on 8/14/09 2:30 am - Woodstock, GA
Thanks Cindy! 
BTW I love your quote... Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 

G

Most Active