How long were you out of work after TT?

blueigrl
on 8/12/09 8:58 am - port st lucie, FL
i lost 65 lbs in the first 4 1/2 months and then only 2 lbs since then, so i have maintained for at least 7 months.   i currently weigh 136.  At 5'3" i had to be realistic about my goal.  I'd be thrilled to maintain this, i work hard at it and hope for the best.  the economy is bad and since i knew I'd be paying for it myself, i took advantage of what i thought was a good deal with a great Dr.  $9400 for tt and bl and 2 nights stay, everything included.  so far I'm happy with my decision.  Plus i work in retail (Season is coming up) and it was either now or wait til after February and by then i don't think the prices would have been as reasonable.  I took a leap of faith, so far so good.  In my opinion plastics is in no way as scary as the weight lose surgery.  And i found a Dr that i and many people i know have a tremendous amount of confidence in.  I understand your concerns about insurance and it's a very personal decision.  Good luck with whatever you decide. jo
jereyes
on 8/12/09 6:00 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I  had a LBL and hernia repair done 2 years ago.  I found it to be not very painful.  The hardest thing was getting in and out of my bed.  I stopped taking pain pills at day 5.  I then only took the pain bills at bedtime for about another ten days.  I would be stiff once I got up but once I was walking and moving I was fine.  I was required to take about four weeks off from work due to my job.  I do a lot of standing.  If my isurace pain for a TT I would do it in a heart beat.  I was self pay except for the hospital because the insurance covered it due to the hernia.  Good luck on your decision.
MyLady Heidi
on 8/12/09 6:20 am
12 days out of work

out patient at the hospital mixed with a neck lift 10 hours of surgery (it was a teaching hospital YALE)

It was more numb then painful and totally worth it.

Add me as a friend and you can see my pics.

Hugs Heidi

Wendy_Canada
on 8/12/09 6:22 am - Canada
I just had my tummy tuck (anchor cut)  and breast lift 6 weeks ago.  I was back at my office job 2 weeks to the day of my surgery.  My surgery was a monday and i went home the day after. 

The pain is very manageable with medication.  I did not have any drains to contend with so i was lucky in that matter.  I heal very fast.  The big thing was being tired.  My body just says thats enough and i fall asleep sitting up talking to my husband or it took me 4 times to finally see a whole movie LOL

I guess it wasn't that bad because i'm going back in september to have my arms done or i'm a sucker for punishment.

Good luck with your choice you won't regret it

wendy

mac1
on 8/12/09 6:30 am - Christiansburg, VA
Thanks!  Congrats on your TT and breast lift.  Two weeks isn't too bad to be out.

HW 265/CW 127/GW 130  4/1/10

HW 265/CW 141/GW 125  6/22/11

Extended TT 2/10/10

Melissa M.
on 8/12/09 1:28 pm - Seabrook, TX
I had a LBL w/anchor cut, butt auto aug, BL and lipo.  The pain wasn't as bas as I expected and was off pain meds after a few days.  It was more soreness than anything.  I took 6 weeks off work mainly because I didn't want to rush my recovery, plus I had the leave.  I probably could have gone back after 3-4 weeks, but I just tired too quickly.  Just doing stuff around the house wore me out for a while.
speicallady
on 8/13/09 8:33 am - bronx, NY
hello

I had my tt   cir and hernia repair last Fri Aug 7, I was on the table for about 7 hours
When I woke, I was not in pain, Today their took the drains out, I have only lost 10 pounds so
far, they remove about 7 to 8 pounds.  The tt hernia repair does not hurt to me.  I dont use medication, only at night.  the back part does not hurt at all.  I also keep focusing that this would be painful, as someone state, it is just getting up and down, and for those who work everyday, what are you going to do all day.  I will try to stay home three more weeks. 
tomorrow I will walk about 30 in the morn and 30 min in the afternoon.

thanks

DEBRA
CoronaRN
on 8/13/09 12:53 pm - Huddleston, VA
I took 7 wks off.  (But, I'm an ER nurse and on my feet/lifting alot.)  I had the procedure in his surgical suite and was home that afternoon.  (I paid out of pocket.)  I have to say the first 3 days were the worst......  Still painful for a few wks but manageable with pain meds.  Made myself get up and walk starting day 2!  My first drain was out in 1 1/2 wks and the 2nd in 3 wks.  Wished the 2nd had stayed in longer cuz I had problems with fluid building up after it was removed!  But all in all, it was worth it and it looks great!  ( I have pics on my profile.)

Good luck! 

Tanya
Most Active