How long were you out of work after TT?

mac1
on 8/12/09 3:19 am - Christiansburg, VA
How long were you out of work after a TT?  How long were you in the hospital?  How painful?  Thanks.  I'm just trying to get some information in case I want to pursue this.  My insurance will cover the surgery so I am considering it.  Thanks for any input.  

HW 265/CW 127/GW 130  4/1/10

HW 265/CW 141/GW 125  6/22/11

Extended TT 2/10/10

Kim J.
on 8/12/09 3:31 am - Claremore, OK
You are very fortunate that your insurance will pay for it.  Most insurance companies won't. 
I'm pre-surgery so I can't help with your question.  I know I'm expecting lots of pain for a couple of weeks. 
Anyway good luck with your decision.
Kim J!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Susan Hegarty
on 8/12/09 3:49 am - Easton, PA
On August 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM Pacific Time, mac1 wrote:
How long were you out of work after a TT?  How long were you in the hospital?  How painful?  Thanks.  I'm just trying to get some information in case I want to pursue this.  My insurance will cover the surgery so I am considering it.  Thanks for any input.  
Hi, I had my surgery this past Monday and I was home the same day.  I won't lie to you, the recovery is quite painful, but sooo worth it.  Today is day 2 post op and I feel much better than yesterday.  I don't see why I can not return to work after the drains are out, which may be by this coming Monday.  You ARE very lucky to have the insurance cover it, definately take advantage of that!
I wasi n surgery for a little under 3 hours, the surgeon removed 23 lbs of skin and tissue, and tightened my stomach muscles.  I have almost 300 stitches inside and out, but I feel wonderful.  I have a little swelling, but nothing majoy and the pain at this point is very bearable.
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Faith *
on 8/12/09 4:38 am
You are lucky that your insurance is covering it. I paid out of pocket and I had the surgery at a surgery facility and spent the night at the hotel next to the doctor's office to save the usual $3K or more overnight hospital stay.  I was out for only 12 days and silly me for doing that. I recommend anyone to be out at a minimum of 3-4 weeks. I have a high tolerance of pain but TT pain is no joke let me tell you. 

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

mac1
on 8/12/09 4:47 am - Christiansburg, VA
Thank you so much for your reply.  Are you happy with your results?  Would you do it again?

Extended TT 2/10/10

Faith *
on 8/12/09 6:00 am
Yes I am happy with my results and I would do it all over again. I am sure you have heard this that Plastic surgery is for a major improvement but it may not be 100% perfection. 
mac1
on 8/12/09 6:04 am - Christiansburg, VA
Thank you.  Would you recommend I wait a little longer? (I am a little over 1 year out).

Extended TT 2/10/10

Faith *
on 8/12/09 6:16 am
Most people wait after they have lost the majority of their weight and until their weight has been stable for 6-8 months.  I did my surgeries backwards. I had my TT in 2005 and lapband in 2007.  Thankfully my tummy remained flat even though I had gained additional weight since the TT.
blueigrl
on 8/12/09 5:13 am - port st lucie, FL
I had tt and breast lift.  breast lift was no biggie but the tt is tough.  I'm 6 days out now and just had the drains removed today.  i'm still not completely upright and definitly uncomfortable, but in the end i think it will be so worth it.  my doc said i could go back in 2 weeks--but i really think that's way too soon.  i'm taking 4 weeks and even then I'm sure i'll be really tired.  I stayed in for 2 nights.  take as much time off as you can.  i can sit but then to get up again----then i'm really bent over, so my back hurts as a result, but i'm still glad i did it.  good luck.
mac1
on 8/12/09 6:05 am - Christiansburg, VA
I see that you are not quite a year out.  My surgeon says I should lose another 15-20 pounds by 18 months.  I'm not sure if I should wait a few more months...I'm just afraid my insurance will stop paying for it.

Extended TT 2/10/10

Most Active