plastics

Kim Brown
on 8/11/09 12:35 pm - MUSCLE SHOALS, AL
can someone tell me how to get insurance to pay for plastics?  How much does thighs, tummy and breast cost?
dmoore1162
on 8/11/09 12:42 pm
first step is to call your insurance company and find out if they pay for medically necessary plastic surgery.  Ask what their medical critiera.  Most will only pay for the excess stomach skin.  Once you determine what they will pay for, you can go from there
Delores Moore
it's never too late

jonelle32514
on 8/11/09 12:45 pm - Pensacola, FL
My insurance will cover a tt, if I meet their requirements. Unfortunately I do not even though I lost 170lbs.  If you call your insurance provider they will tell you what the requirements are and if they pay for anything.  Some people have to have medical documentation for a few months, some people have insurance that won't cover anything. 

I got my inner thighs and breast implants done. My cost was 10,270.00  My LBL was quoted at a little over 11k. 

There is a Dr in Mexico that I want to do my LBL.  He told me he could do a LBL, inner thigh lift and breast implants for 13k.  That would include hotel for 12 days and he would reimburse my plane ticket (600.00). 

What insurance do you have?

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

inkerdoodles
on 8/11/09 8:53 pm - Schenectady, NY

I have to honestly say that it cracks me up every time I see one of these post asking how to get an insurance company to pay for plastics....... Please keep in mind that the only way that your insurance company is going to pay for plastics is if it is medically necessary and would fall under reconstructive surgery and not cosmetic surgery.

I would strongly recommend you contact your insurance carrier to obtain in writing their medical necessity guidelines for the surgery(ies) you may require. If you meet all of the requirements, you carrier will pay........

A classic example is this.... despite the fact that i had lost 140+ lbs, was 18 months post op and 6 months weight stabilized, my carrier required 6 months documented antibiotic resistant rashes... We all know that the rashes we get under our panni are yeast and are therefore not treated with antibiotics so to get my carrier to cover was virtually impossible unless I had the 'flesh eatiing bacteria'....

Good luck !!

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 10:38 pm
I am scheduled for a tummy tuck, breast lift with implants and lipo on August 24th.  My insurance company is paying for the full tummy tuck (something I never thought was possible).  They denied the breast lift because I had no documentation from a dermatologist or my primary physician.  They decided to pay for the tummy tuck without documentation from any doctor, my plastic surgeon only submitted pictures.

I am one year post-op and have lost 90 pounds in total.  I say all of this to let you know, anything is possible.  Have your plastic surgeon submit the information and see what happens.  People told me that Blue Cross/ Blue Shield never pays and yet they approved the procedure.

Good Luck.

Sherline
Redhaired
on 8/12/09 1:49 am - Mouseville, FL
If the skin is causing you issues you should see your PCP or a dermatologist to get it documented.  Do not self treat these issues or you will not have the documentation necessary.  Get a copy of your insurance policy and if they will cover the procedures look at how they define medical necessity.  Dr. LoMonoco wrote an article on getting insurance to cover plastics.  You can find it at http://www.drlomonaco.com/files/NeWeigh_2005.pdf it starts on page 5.

Red

Most Active