full body lift

gcmars
on 8/11/09 1:08 pm - corpus christi , TX
having my full body lift done on monday. super excited about having it done, just dreading the recovery. can anyone help with what to expect?
thanks
candy
vickie O.
on 8/11/09 3:03 pm - amarillo, TX
candy, good luck to you. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 3:52 pm
Vicodin is good; percocet is lovely if it works for you.  

Demerol hurts going in and stays hurting at the injection site sometimes for weeks.  I've found demerol does nothing to numb the pain, but it keeps me from giving a sh*t remarkably well and sometimes knocks me flat out.  It is only available at the hospital because it is an injectible.

Vicodin is available in liquid form, and some swear by it because it is so fast-acting (2-4 minutes).  I find the regular vicodin works great within fifteen minutes, it depends on how desperate you're going to be.

They say "write what you know," and right now that's about it for me!

Good luck!

Cindy F.
on 8/12/09 2:42 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
I can't help you with your question because having mine on Oct. 5.  But wishing you the best of luck and I want details when your are recovering. 

Excited for you!!!

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 8/12/09 7:43 am, edited 8/12/09 7:43 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I had a lower body lift, arm lift and breast augmentation done all at the same time in Nov.

First couple of days I felt fine - not much pain, it was definitely hard to move around so I didn't do much of that. Real pain set in a few days later once the heavy drugs and anesethetic wore off.. I couldn't get comfortable or sleep properly. I had difficulty with sitting on most surfaces.. hard surfaces were too hard and sitting on a pillow would make me wobble a bit which would pull against the incisions which hurt like hell. I couldn't stand up straight because of how tight the skin was connecting from the front of my thighs to my stomach.. but couldn't bend over too much either because it pulled at the back. So I looked like a very irritated and swollen Quazimodo lol had a wonderful hunch going on

Honestly.. recovery for ME was long and horrible. I made a video called "Plastic Surgery Hurts" on my youtube channel at the end of last yr (http://youtube.com/shrinkinglaura  .... Direct link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-990KjTaTsY&feature=channel_p age) where I talk about how sucky it was.

Everyone is different. I recovered VERY quickly after RNY but it took me 8-10 weeks to get over the lower body lift (arm lift and BA were a breeze, should have mentioned that sooner lol) .. lots of gauze, lots of tylenol 3's .. 1 trip to the hospital for severe pain and exhaustion (hadn't slept in 3 weeks almost because laying down was too uncomfortable so I would sit up awake)

Sorry.. that might not be something to EXPECT but it can happen
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Most Active