I GOT MY DATE!!!!!

Joanna O.
on 8/11/09 3:22 am - Manchester, NH
September 30th I will be getting a pannilectomy with a vertical abdomialplasty.  So no bikinis for me...thank god!  

But I will be skinny ....How the hell do you figure what underware size you are?  and pants..and new bras.. this is very odd to me.

~*Joanna*~        
Kim J.
on 8/11/09 3:27 am - Claremore, OK
congrats on getting your date!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Joanna O.
on 8/11/09 9:41 am - Manchester, NH
Thanks!  I think this is the best thing and the scariest thing I have ever done for myself.
~*Joanna*~        
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 11:55 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
CONGRATS!
I know how exciting this is, I finally got my date a couple of days ago.  I'm going to have the Anchor Cut or Fleur-de-lis Tummy Tuck so no bikinis for me either.  That's ok....I'll be happy when the "roll" is gone!

After my breast reduction/lift last year I wen to the stores and tried on dozens of bras till I found the ones that fit right and were comfortable.  I suggest you wait till the swelling is gone (about 2-3 months post op).

Best wishes on your journey.
Joanna O.
on 8/11/09 9:36 pm - Manchester, NH
We could start the we have giant scars so we can't wear bikinis club!     There is a girl at my work that wants me to wear a bikini and get a tramp stamp.  I think I am good with both.  I never had ANY desire to wear a bikini to begin with unless i bathe in mederma and the tramp stamp well I already have my one tattoo and I think I am just fine with that.

WOW the swelling takes 2 to 3 months...thats a long time..I wonder what I am gonna wear for pants if my underware are practically falling out now.  hmmm....
~*Joanna*~        
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 10:55 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Swelling lasting 2-3 months is a drag but true......but be aware that for many people it lasts as long as 6 months.  Many posters here who are 4 -6 months (a few longer) are still having swelling issues. Not as bad as in the beginning but it still happens.

We just have to keep or expectations realistic..

I'll join the "giant scar" club but will pass on the tattoo (believe it or not I'm afraid of the pain of getting a tattoo).
Joanna O.
on 8/12/09 7:44 am - Manchester, NH
I have a tattoo thank god it will not be effected by the pulling, tugging, or tucking of this surgery.  Well I guess the swelling will keep me in my fat clothes for awhile thats good.  I won't have to figure out skinny people sizes.  yay because I do not know how to figure out skinny people sizes.
~*Joanna*~        
Most Active