breast reduction

judi
on 8/11/09 2:42 pm - cincinnati, oh
what should I expect pain and recovery wise? Scheduled 8/26.
thanks
Judi Hamann
vickie O.
on 8/11/09 2:57 pm - amarillo, TX
judi. i don't know about breast reduction, but we do have the same surgery date.  good luck to you. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

judi
on 8/11/09 3:28 pm - cincinnati, oh
Good Luck to you also!!! I'll send good thoughts and prayers.
judi
newlisab
on 8/11/09 4:39 pm
I have had a breast lift and augmentation......It hurt..bad...but for about a week..then it was like Poof- all better!!!  Just know that after 7 days there  IS a light at the end of the tunnel..:<)

Good luck, you will LOVE your results!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

judi
on 8/12/09 2:17 am - cincinnati, oh
Thanks so much, I can hang in there for seven days :)

Thanks for the good wishes
Judi
Jupiter6
on 8/12/09 4:19 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I had a mastopexy/lift in June...went from a pre-RNy 48H to a post plastics 34C...with literally no pain. None. Least difficult of all the work I have had done.

I attribute a lot of that to surgical technique. I do not have the "lollipop" scar from nipple to pedicle that most do: the only scars I have are a thin line in the crease below my breasts. Less scars=less pain.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

judi
on 8/12/09 8:46 am - cincinnati, oh
Thanks so much you are helping the fear level go down.

Judi
blueigrl
on 8/12/09 5:05 am - port st lucie, FL
I had a tummy tuck and breast lift 8/6---the boobs were no big deal. 95% of the pain is in my tummy.  They just feel tender. no pain.  Now the TT---owww
judi
on 8/12/09 8:48 am - cincinnati, oh
Thanks for reply it really helps. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Judi
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/09 6:05 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I had a breast reduction and lift done in Nov 2008.  NO PAIN at all during recovery.......it was a piece of cake for me.  It was the best thing I've ever done for myself!!!

Because I had it done prior to being at goal I now need to have them "tweaked".....re-lifted.  I'm doing it in 3 weeks with my tummy tuck.  I only hope and pray that the surgeon will do as nice a job on the girls as the original surgery.

Best wishes to you on your surgery.
Most Active