I need some help...

jmwjskasick
on 8/11/09 2:16 pm - Granite City, IL
It has come that time for me to consider plastic surgery. I have a massive amount of excess skin and superficial fat that it starting to interfere with the way I carry on my day to day life.

I currently reside in MO, but am willing to travel anywhere in the United States if it means my surgeon is someone I can trust and who has done good work.

I don't know the first thing about finding doctors, so I would like help from those of you that have had plastics done.

If you feel your surgeon did a great job, please, post their name and what you had done so I can do research and maybe meet with a few surgeons to decide which would be right for me.

I really appreciate everything you guys do to help!

Work I need done:

Brachioplasty
Tummy tuck
LBL
liposuction of superficial fat
breast lift
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
jonelle32514
on 8/11/09 2:53 pm, edited 8/11/09 2:55 pm - Pensacola, FL
Traveling can get quite expensive depending on how many post op appts you have.  Or time spent in a hotel recovering.  I was going to have everything I wanted in one procedure in Mexico with Dr. Sauceda.  He quoted me 13k for inner thigh lift, breast implants and lbl. Cost included hotel stay and I would have been there 12 days. 

My bariatric surgeon does plastics. Well, he does tummy tucks, lbl and panni removal.  I would ask your surgeon if he does any of this or if he can recommend anyone.  My surgeon referred me to a Dr that a few others had used.  The surgeon I finally chose for my breasts and inner thighs came from a support group meeting at another hospital lol. 

When I first thought of plastics, I opened the yellow pages and looked up websites for the doctors in my area and then looked at all the before and afters.  If I didn't like the work they posted on their site, I dismissed them. 

I always talk to people while waiting to see my Dr.  I would just ask your surgeon and his staff who they would recommend.  Also, go to as many consults as you can.  Even if you think you have found THE dr!! I loved my 1st consult and thought he was the best. The more consults I went to, the more I realized he would have totally messed me up. 

BUT, if you really do want to travel, my ps is Dr Steven Clark in Destin, FL.  He is wonderful and deals primarily with post bypass patients.  He did a scar revision (I had mini open), Breast implants, inner thigh lift without making the scar down my thigh and I had lipo to my thighs. 

I am going to post pics Thursday. I get my bandages removed then!!

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Redhaired
on 8/12/09 1:51 am - Mouseville, FL
If you think insurance will cover any of your plastics then start with finding out who is in network for you.

I think you will find most of us think our plastic surgeon is the best thing since bubble gum!  I have used Dr. Albear in Tampa, Fl.

Red

Kim J.
on 8/12/09 2:31 am - Claremore, OK
I am using Dr. Cuzalina with Tulsa Surgical Arts.  He is a well respected dr. and is referred by the top Bariatric surgeon in Ok.  Dr. Gorospe.  He does a lot of bariatric patients. 
I am saying all of this pre-surgery.  I am due to have my surgery Sept 3.  His facility is all inclusive.  I will go there and spend 1 night and then go home the next morning. 
I was quoted under 15K for BL w/Aug/arms w/lipo and TT w/lipo.

Research on the internet and ask questions in your hometown.  I would try to go local before I traveled.  Thats just me.  I don't like traveling after surgery.  I traveled 2 hours after my RNY.  From OKC to Tulsa.  2 hrs to my house. 

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Hello!

I would be happy to advise you! First of all, I think that the most important step in plastic surgery is choosing the right physician. I commend you for being open to traveling wherever necessary so that you could get the best results possible, and find the doctor you feel most comfortable with.

On top of just the physician’s personality, one must do a bit of research to make sure that they are going to a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in these particular procedures. The things you want to seek in that plastic surgeon is:

How they perform the procedures?

Where the incisions are placed: scarring?

Advanced techniques used?

Are you pleased with their before and after photos?

-Results are truly everything, so taking a look at the doctor’s gallery of before and after photos is very important.

If traveling, do they have local hotels they work with for your recovery? Will you need to go to a recovery center?

Just make sure you do lots of research. You can take a look at Dr. Siamak Agha’s gallery and website that is filled with information and before/after photos for your perusal.

If you have any more questions, concerns just let me and your other OH friends know! We are here to help. :)

miniplk
on 8/16/09 3:10 pm - Davie, FL
I checked out plastic surgeons for a year before I decided on Dr. Bernard Shuster in Hollywood Fl. If you are willing to travel, he is the best. Check out his references on the OH site. Better yet, check out his website www.drshuster.net. He also does preliminary online consultations.

His credentials and results are impeccable. Dr. Shuster and his office staff are available to answer all your questions.

I have had a LBL, Breast aug and lift, face lift and inner thighs with Dr. Shuster.

Good luck with your quest. I am available to answer your questions.

Regards,
Paula
Most Active