Surgery date 8/24!

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 11:10 am
I am scheduled for tt/bl with implants and lipo on Monday, 8/24.  I am concerned because my doctor's office have not scheduled me for my PAT's yet. I am scheduled to meet with my doctor on this Thursday, 8/13.  Is it normal to wait until the last minute to do everything.

I still don't know exactly how much I will be paying for my portion of the surgery (BC/BS is paying for complete TT).  I've been calling the doctor's office everyday and they insist they have not received the letter yet from my insurance company, but they did talk to them and received the 2 codes that's covered (15830 & 15847 = tt).  I am so frustrated with the doctor's staff, I wish I would have stayed with my original doctor, his office was so efficient and good. 

Do you think I have enough time to have my PAT's done on Thursday and still be cleared for surgery 10 days later?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sherline
oceanwave2
on 8/11/09 11:29 am - Clayton, NC
Hey Sherline,
I had an Anchor TT and BL. I have medcost insurance with guardian paying my claims.  Anyway medcost/guardian covered my BL and TT.

My surgery was on 5/29 at 1:00 p.m.  Anyway my preop appointment was on 5-14.  I got a call about a week before my appointment to confirm my appointment and my doctors staff told me what I had to pay up front then.  I only had to pay the rest of my deductible plus 10% that is the way my policy is written.

So if your deductible is 1,000 and you have met any of your deductible be ready to pay that thousand dollars.

My policy is a 1000 deductible and then insurance pays 90/10 with me paying up to 2000 out of pocket.

So I only had to pay 869.38 up front and I paid that at my preop appointment.  I didn't need any preop labs or test unitl the day of surgery.

I hope this helps.

Jasmine
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 11:40 am

Jasmine, thank you for information. I thought having my PAT's done so close to the surgery date would cause a problem, but I feel better after reading your information.

Sherline

Faith *
on 8/11/09 8:09 pm
I just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming surgery date Sherline!

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 10:23 pm
Thanks, I am looking forward to seeing the new me!

Sherline
Most Active