still want to talk about scars

cbhjr98
on 8/12/09 12:11 am
At 4 months out, my scars are still quite red but still a million times better than the skin. When to 'tropical island' (indoor rainfores****erpark) for two days - camped and only wore a bikini the whole time i was there - well almost the whole time, spent some time in the nude section and even then the scars didn't bother me. My only thought was DANGGGGGGG I look a TON better than most of the women here, even with the scars!

I am kind of nervous about the scars on my arms as people have so much problems with them and seems like everyone wants revisions :-S.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
hicksgx
on 8/12/09 3:33 am - Hitchcock, TX
I am so wanting to talk about scars also.  I can only tell  you what I know about mine.  I have scar on arms thru armpit, down the side and around and up the breast to lollipop breast lift. 

I am 4 months out.  arm scars are wider than the others.  Puffy or raised, and pretty sensitive.  I am light skinned so they will go all the way white eventually, but now are really purple. 
Lost 136 lbs,         
Upper Torsoplasty with Saline implants 4-16-09
Dr. John LoMonaco, M.D. F.A.C.S., www.drlomonaco.com
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 8/12/09 8:08 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
The scars are 10000000 times more flattering than the excess skin hanging down! I promise!

My scars are only thick down near my elbow (the last 2" of the scar or so) and I think that's mostly because I had my lower bofy lift done at the same time so I had to use my arms a LOT to help me move .. so they definitely didn't get to rest and recover like they should have. I plan on having that part of my arms revised next year sometime. The remainder of the scar is not even noticeable.

Some people do not notice that I have the scars.. even with me thinking that they are bad by the elbow, they didn't notice. I worked with 2 people for 5 months wearing sleeveless shirts almost daily and they found out because I was talking about my plastic surgery on my stomach and how I wanted my arms revised, then I pointed to the scars - they were both shocked that I had arm scars. They said they couldn't even tell by looking at me
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

katiekat412
on 8/12/09 8:57 pm
Thanks Laura! Cograts on your awesome weight loss!! I've lost less than half of the weight you did, so my skin isn't as bad, but it just makes me look like I have big arms. Even worse, I work really hard to have muscles under there!

Your post is very helpful. I've noticed that a lot of people's scars are worse near the elbows. How long did it take for your scars to fade? 

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Most Active