2nd Consult today...

Mendee M.
on 8/10/09 12:46 pm - Mulvane, KS
 I had my 2nd consult today for my arms and BL with implants. I kind of liked this guy too. He spent more time explaining things to me which impressed me. However, now I am confused because he felt I really needed to go with silicone implants because I didn't have a lot of breast tissue. I am a 36 DD in the bra I wear now, but think I am really just a D. The first PS said I had plenty of breast tissue to cover saline and not have much rippling. How do you know what is not enough breast tissue??? I will say however, Dr. Ferris (#1) has 25 years of experience while Dr. Schoonover (#2) only has 4. Dr Ferris was about $700 more in total, but I think the experience is worth the extra $$$. I still have one more consult, but I if I had to choose from the 2 I have seen so far, I may have to go with the more experienced PS.
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/09 1:04 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I just want to say in the grand scheme of things $700.00 is not a lot of money.  Listen to your gut.......if it is telling you you are more comfortable with Dr #1 and he has 25 years experience, then listen to your gut.

I did not listen to my gut and regret it......... and it's costing me an extra $5,750! 
I'm now going to listen to my gut.

Best wishes on your journey.....
Faith *
on 8/10/09 9:17 pm

Hi Mendee,

We've had similar experiences and I chose the surgeon with the most experience.  Good luck to you.

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Kim J.
on 8/10/09 10:20 pm - Claremore, OK
Mendee,
I agree with the other posts.  Listen to your gut!  I had 2 consults set up for the same day.  After I went to the first one I didn't need another one.  That may seem crazy to only go to one.  But I was so comfortable with him that my husband and I chose him.  I googled him and he is a leader in his field.  The main WLS surgeon in OK referres his patients to him.  I feel very comfortable.  Go with what you feel.  Myself, I like the experience.
Good Luck!
kim J!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

cleos_mom
on 8/10/09 11:42 pm - phila., PA
yep,
Experience over money, plastic surgery is not something that you do for the cheapest price.
you get what you pay for most times
Good luck in your search
katiekat412
on 8/11/09 4:09 am

I agree to go with who you feel comfortable with- i.e. the "gut", but I have to give my two cents that more experience is not always the best. You can be consistently mediocre for a number of years since this an art, or you can be a fresh new picasso- wait, that would been that your parts would be put on in the wrong places....hmmm...

Anyway, point is, don't fret the $700, but make your decision based on the work they perform. Do you like the way their results look?

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Mendee M.
on 8/11/09 10:36 am - Mulvane, KS
Thanks for your input everyone. I was talking to a colleague today, and to my surprise, Dr. #1 did her saline implants several years ago. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!! I would have never guessed she had implants!! Guess that's the mark of a good surgeon!!

I have 1 more consult in about 10 days. This is with the surgeon who my WLS recommends. We will see what he is like.

Katie, I also agree that experience isn't always the best thing. I was my WLS's 1st patient!!  (although he did a 3 year fellowship at a bariatric center)  He was, and still is awesome!!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Most Active