Need some advice

princesshan
on 8/10/09 2:38 pm - ID

So... I am 18 months out from having the lap band. I had lost 98 lbs, but with in the last 4 weeks I have gained 9 lbs. I recently got an IUD (new birth control) and lost my restriction some how, (don't know if the 2 things are related or not) The question I have is...Sept. 22 I am scheduled to get a tummy tuck. I would like to get a small fill so I could re-lose those 9lbs, but don't want to be too tight for my up coming surgery. BUT I REALLY DON"T WANT TO KEEP GAINING!   I guess what I am wondering is if anyone who had the lap band and had a tummy tuck if their band acted up in any way after their plastics? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

jonelle32514
on 8/10/09 4:18 pm - Pensacola, FL
I read something on a PS website that if you have the band, they losen it for plastic surgery.  I am not sure why. I would just ask your PS to see what their thought is with that.  And then in the meantime exercise and watch what I ate so I wouldn't gain any more.  Or if the fills were free/cheap and not painful I would go get a fill and then a day or two before my tt, get some of it taken out. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Faith *
on 8/10/09 9:15 pm
I heard that as well and I agree that she should ask the PS and/or her WLS surgeon.

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Queenie63
on 8/11/09 4:45 am

Be sure if you do get a fill that you are eating very healthy food with good protein.  Your body needs to be in good shape to heal properly.  It takes a lot of energy to heal those cuts.  Take care. 

JSIL
on 8/11/09 2:28 pm
I had my band and port taken out before I was scheduled for my tt, but I was told I would have to take out most of my fill. They do not want you to be too tight so you can eat properly and also don't know how your body may react to surgery. I never had the tt, but after my VSG plan on it soon!  Good luck with your tt! 

princesshan
on 8/11/09 3:19 pm - ID
Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for all your replies! Your the best!
Most Active