YIPEE.....Finally my turn

Kim J.
on 8/10/09 10:48 pm - Claremore, OK
Good luck!  It sounds like you have a plan going on!  Thats great!
I'm having my surgery Sept 3!
I hope you have wonderful results and a speedy recovery!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Nicole998
on 8/10/09 11:12 pm - Winter Haven, FL
Ruth,
I am soooo happy for you!!  Keep us posted.
Nicki
 HighCurrent / Surgeon's Goal / Personal Goal
291 /    157 /        160         /          170

happy girl
on 8/10/09 11:14 pm
Hey Ruth, I know I still owe you a PM  It's coming.  how extensive will your arms be?  Will it be hard to have your legs and arms out of action at the same time....?

You are going to look and feel amazing when you are done.

i'd love to have some face work done...what extactly is a mid-face lift, how is that different from the others you hear about?

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 12:02 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I think I'm going to have to change my user name to Happy Girl 2.....LOL.  I'm so excited I could bust.....

The arms will require a cut straight up the length of them again to remove the empty saggy skin.  I'm told it won't be as bad as the first time but that remains to be seen....The new surgeon will decide  if we should go through the armpit again.  I hope we don't have to because that was the worst part but if it will give me the best result then I'll do it.  We'll decide as the time gets closer. 

There is no way I would do my stomach and arms together cause I'll need the arms to get me up but I'm thinking I can handle the inner thighs and arms together. I've got a few months till then so if I can always change it if I chicken out.  Thanks for being concerned.

I'm very new at researching the face stuff.  Until very recently I was not even thinking of doing the face but when I lost the last 5 lbs I swear it all came off my face.!

so now I've decided to go for it all. 

So far my understanding of the 'midface" is it pulls up the area from around the nostrils to the chin...pulling towards the ears.  They also do a little "fill" (aka fat transfer) around the "jowls".  This does not do anything with the eye area, eye lids, or forehead.  I might have my lower eye lid tightened at the same time...he'll re evaluate it at the time.

Here's some info I read recently....... hope it helps.....

What is a Mini Facelift / Mid Face Lift?

As a person ages, the effects of gravity and time cause a loss of elasticity and sagging of the skin, especially deepening of the smile lines and forming of marionette lines (vertical lines that can form on either side of the mouth). When these changes are still minimal (especially when the person is in the late 30’s, or late 40’s), a mini face lift can be performed to tighten and reposition the skin producing a more rested, refreshed look. After a mini face lift, patients will notice diminished smile lines and diminished of marionette lines.

Short Scar Face Lift (S-lift, MACS Lift or Minimal Incision Face Lift)

Facelifts have become more popular as the Baby Boomers are reaching the prime of their lives. Patients desire to look youthful, vibrant and natural. Gone are the days of the “tight" face and "pulled" look. A short scar facelift can help patients achieve very natural results with minimal incisions, light anesthesia and fast recovery.

What is a short scar facelift?

A MACS lift repositions the skin and tissues that are affected by aging. The primary difference between the MACS lift and the traditional facelift is that the scar is greatly minimized. The scar behind the ear and hairline is eliminated. With the scar eliminated women can wear their hair up in a pony tail or French twist and men can keep their haircut short.

Where is the scar in a Short Scar Face lift?

The incision starts at the temporal hairline and extends in the natural curves in the front of the ear and ends just below or behind the earlobes.

Who are the best candidates for the MACS lift?

It is generally for the younger patient usually under the age of 60.

What type of anesthesia is used?

Since the facelift has minor incisions it can be performed under local anesthesia combined with twilight anesthesia. Patient's wake up immediately after surgery and recover more smoothly as compared to a general anesthesia.

How long is recovery?

It is approximately 10-12 days at which time patients can return to work and wear some makeup.

What is the difference between a Face Lift and a Mini Face Lift?

The incisions for a mini face lift are smaller compared to a traditional face lift. They begin in the hairline and extend along the natural line in front of the ear and stop just behind the earlobe. The mini face lift procedure is done more quickly (usually only about 3 hours), and the recovery time is also shorter (most patients are back to work in a week).

With a mini face lift, only the isolated areas of the mid section of the face (such as nasolabial folds) will be addressed. For many patients who feel that these isolated areas are the most significant, a mini face lift is a great solution. On the other hand, a full face lift will improve areas like the neck-chin angle, and restore tighter jawline definition. While a mini face lift rejuvenates the mid-face area (which is what the term "Mid Face lift" refers to), a full face lift may be suggested to patients with sagging or droopiness in the jowl area, or to tighten up the neck muscles.

What is a Weekend Face Lift?

The phrase "weekend face lift" is used in a variety of ways depending on the doctor. Some surgeons advertise a mini face lift as a "weekend face lift" because the recovery time is quick when compared to the traditional face lift procedure. Other procedures (cheek lift, vertical cheek lift, endoscopic forehead lift, or microsuction of the neck) have also all been described in similar ways by advertisers as a "weekend facelift". There is another procedure that some doctors perform as a "weekend face lift" in which a laser is used on the inside surface of the face, along with liposuction. The American Society of Plastic Surgery does not recommend the use of lasers on the inside surface of the skin due to safety concerns
Kennedy12
on 8/10/09 11:26 pm - Chicago, IL
Congrats and good luck!

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

Cindy F.
on 8/11/09 2:40 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
That is so awesome.  A complete makeover.  good for you!!!!!

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Newlifeagain
on 8/11/09 3:01 am - Bakersfield, CA
That's awesome Ruth!  I can't wait until I am able to give the same report...FINALLY MY TURN...   Especially with the arm revision!

We'll stay in touch...

Blessings!
Rose

FLGail
on 8/11/09 6:02 am - Sun City, AZ
Hey Ruth, Good Luck to you. I hope all goes well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Are you using the same PS surgeon you told me you were going to use?     Take Care  Gail
MelissaF
on 8/11/09 9:43 am - Northwood, IA
YEAH!!! Congratulations Ruth, I know this is what u have been waiting for!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active