PREGNACY AFTER TT

magen
on 8/10/09 4:16 am - Pearl, MS
Has anyone had a baby after a TT?  I am asking because I know I am not finished having children and I am having a RNY August 18th.  My insurance will cover a TT and inplants after 1 year...do I go ahead and have this done knowing I will have another child within the next 5 years...or risk the chance of my husband changing insurance carriers and not having that benefit?
sanguinarythorn
on 8/10/09 8:18 am - Newport News, VA
I had the same concern before I had my TT. It's hard to find info/support on it because either no one knows, or everyone looks at you like you're crazy. I know for sure I'm not done having kids.. .but I was approved through insurance and Lord only knows what will happen to plastic surgery once health care reform gets shoved down our throats, so I figured it would be best to go ahead and get it done now while I still could.

I talked about it at great length with my surgeon, and my mom (a nurse midwife of 25+ years). My mom has seen plenty of women go through pregnancy after TT's, and she said the skin usually stretches a little from pregancy, but it doesn't full out ruin the TT, and it never stretches out to the extent it was prior to TT. My surgeon said pretty much the same thing. With me, since he knew I plan on getting pregnant again in the near future, he used absorbable suters for the muscle tightening so the stitches won't rip and tear through the muscle when I get pregnant again.
DEBI R.
on 8/10/09 7:36 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I have a friend that had a TT about 5 years ago and just had a baby in June, she's back to her pre-pregnancy weight and said it didn't afftect her TT at all.  I'm not sure if it's true for everyone or not. If I were you I'd go ahead and have the TT while you have insurance to pay and then worry about it later, at least you'll be smaller either way. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

JSIL
on 8/11/09 2:09 pm
I wouldn't be worried about your stomach stretching too much, I would be worried about getting stretch marks on your new "perfect" belly. That is my fear, going through the same questions as you right now! 

Most Active