Day One - Post Op TT

Susan Hegarty
on 8/10/09 11:53 pm - Easton, PA
I had my surgery yesterday morning and today is my first day post op.  My surgeon said the surgery went great.  He removed 27 pounds of skin/tissue.  I am so overwhelmed.  This is the first time in my life (that I can remember) having a flat stomach!!  I do have to say that the pain is pretty bad, I have almost 300 stitches and if I have to cough, WOOOO WEEEE!!  Thank God for Vicoden...lol.  I have been making sure to get up every hour or so and walk around.  I am so glad I did this.  I got on the scale this morning, and even with all the swelling, I am down 18 lbs from yesterday!!  That had to be the fastest weight loss I have had in 4 years..lol.
In all seriousness, it feels good to have made it through and thanks to eveyone for all of your support.  If you are thinking of having plastics, DO IT.. It is definately worth it and brings together all of the hard work we have done to get this far.   
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Kim J.
on 8/11/09 1:14 am - Claremore, OK
I'm glad to hear you had a smooth surgery.  I hope you have a speedy recovery. 
I'm really glad you posted this.  I'm going to be having surgery soon and I'm pretty scared.  If you can post this 1 day after and still recommend it then it must be ok.  If not I'll be sure and ask for the same drugs you have!  LOL!
congrats on everything!
Kim J!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

katiekat412
on 8/11/09 1:16 am
Wow! Congrats on your sucess. And your ability to post one day post op!! I hope you have a speedy recovery. In the mean time, enjoy being suprised every time you see your flat tummy!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

sweetbabi
on 8/11/09 1:22 am - Haines City, FL
Glad your surgery went well. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Cindy F.
on 8/11/09 2:33 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Wow that is amazing that you had 27 pounds of skin/tissue removed and your already down 18LBS.  Congratulations. 

Wow your up and posting so soon.  That is great. 

I am having surgery Oct 5.  So excited and very scared.  Please let me know how your doing. 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 3:02 am
Susan, you are such an inspiraton!!!  I don't kinow how you're even posting, I don't think I was able to sit up or recognize a computer for three or four days post-op.  

And honeslty, I have necver read of a doctor removing 27 pounds of skin and tissue, and you are my HERo!!!!  

bRAVO, bRAVO, Bravo!!!

Susan Hegarty
on 8/11/09 4:03 am - Easton, PA
On August 11, 2009 at 10:02 AM Pacific Time, charming wrote:
Susan, you are such an inspiraton!!!  I don't kinow how you're even posting, I don't think I was able to sit up or recognize a computer for three or four days post-op.  

And honeslty, I have necver read of a doctor removing 27 pounds of skin and tissue, and you are my HERo!!!!  

bRAVO, bRAVO, Bravo!!!

Thank you so much.  It has definately been one heck of a journey!  I still can't believe that my belly ia GONE! 
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Queenie63
on 8/11/09 4:24 am
Did you have a pain pump when you went home?

Congrats on the surgery and flat stomach.  I am so happy for you.
Monica P.
on 8/11/09 4:38 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Amazing! Thank you for the positive report, I'm freaking a little bit more everyday as my surgery comes closer.  Have a speedy recovery...please keep us updated on your progress.
Jupiter6
on 8/11/09 9:17 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I was 154 day of surgery-- 147 three days later-- and 158 a week after that. Took four more weeks to start going down again.

Be prepared to fill up with a little water-- don't be scared. Good luck!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active