abdominal hardness...like a mass?

lana_lane
on 8/10/09 11:03 pm, edited 8/11/09 10:46 pm
ok..if i did not know any better, i would think i am pregnant...like several months! 
But. Since I know i am not..this is bugging me. 
I had gastric bypass almost six years ago, and abdominalplasty about 3 years ago. 

In the past couple of months i've noticed a hard bulge in my upper right abdominal area. When i stand i can see it, when i am laying down and go to sit up you can really tell it is there.  About the size of a grapefruit. 

I just wondered if it has to do with the plastic surgery.  It is not painful.  Just uncomfortable- makes my abdomin tight and bulging. 

Any thoughts?   My insurance is outrageous, but am going to try to get into the dr. very soon. 
Would love to walk in with a few ideas of what might be going on.

thank you...

lana.

*Update...    I found out what is going on.   I have a ventral hernia...basically an incisional hernia.  the area is about the size of an orange.  I wasnt pleased with the bedside manner of the physician..but it was an Urgent Care..so oh well.    He acted as though it would be foolish to repair  unless i were just doing it for "cosmetic" reasons.   Uh..lets see.  I want it repaired because it hurts!  

Anyhow..that's what went on..i actually may have two hernias...one on each side....Yippy..twins!
cleos_mom
on 8/10/09 11:39 pm - phila., PA
does it hurt at all. ?
I would check it out IMMEDIATELY.
Good Luck
Redhaired
on 8/11/09 12:52 am - Mouseville, FL
Could it be a hernia?  Please see a doctor as soon as possible.  If it is a hernia only a doc can tell you whether it is the sort that can become strangulated or the sort that can wait to be fixed.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/09 3:05 am
I'm thinking hernia -- it's the first thing that comes to mind, but I'm an English teacher and not a medical person.  

Whether it hurts or not, whatever it is does NOT belong there and you should see a doctor immediately.  If it's a hernia, it can become strangulated and dangerous almost immediately.

sanguinarythorn
on 8/11/09 4:35 am - Newport News, VA
 Like the rest of the ladies, you should probably get checked out asap. It could be a number of things, possibly a tumor too. Let us know how it turns out!
Most Active