A few questions.

Sheryl J.
on 8/10/09 4:45 am - Madison, WI
RNY on 03/01/06 with
Thanks for answering my payment questions, everyone. Seems like it's standard procedure.

I am 3 1/2 year post RNY and have lost 85 pounds. My weight has been fairly stable for the past two years or so.

I have seen a surgeon for consult on a TT and breast reduction. One thing I should have asked but didn't - and am wondering what others' experiences are - is if I can decide how much I want my breasts reduced. I am a DD and am thinking I would love to be a B. I am so tired of being big-breasted!

The thing that concerns me most about recovering from TT are the drains. Are they hard to deal with and how long are they necessary?

Any input is appreciated.
Wendy_Canada
on 8/10/09 5:51 am - Canada
Hi Sheryl

Congrats on your weight loss and your upcoming plastic surgery.  I had a tt and breast lift in June of this year.  I was always a 48DD but when i lost my weight i lost my volume and they were long and thin.  Not alot of tissue left.  I told the doctor i'd like to be about a C but also told him i wanted them to look in proportion to the size of the rest of my body.  I am a 36C and I love it.  I was the opposite of you thinking they would look to small.  My doctor would not do a lift and implants the same time so advised me to live with this and IF in the future i wanted to go bigger we would talk about it.  I felt HEYYYYYYYYYYY this man does it  daily and should be able to guide me on what would be best for me. 

As far as drains...............I DIDN'T HAVE ANY.   My doctor does not do drains and i was soooooooo happy about that.  I had no complications and the body has its own way of breaking down what is not needed and you eliminate it.  He told me the ODD time there is a fluid build up and they take it out by needle but not as a rule and I followed the rule and did not need the needle to extract it.  He does a way of stitching (like tufting ) and there are not any large areas for fluid to pocket.  I am going back in September to have my arms done and the first thing i asked him is if there would be any drains and AGAIN he said noooooooo drains  YIPPPIIIIIEEEEEEEEE.  Then that is enough for this year.  Or until i get this paid off then i have butt lift and thighs in the future.

Best wishes with your decission

Wendy

jereyes
on 8/10/09 7:11 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I had a LBL 2 years ago and I only had two.  My drains were both taken out after 6 days.  I had breast work done last summer and I had no drains.  Each Dr. is different.  It also depends on how much you are draing to determine when the drains would be removed.
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/09 1:24 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats on your weight loss and maintaining it too!!

When I had my breast reduction my doctor asked if I had anything in mind...... I specifically asked to be a "c".

Just ask your surgeon.  I've found that the good surgeons don't mind answering questions....even if it's the 10th time they were asked the same question this week they are still willing to answer questions.

Best wishes on your journey.

FYI - my breast reduction/lift was the best thing I've done for myself.
Most Active