up coming surgery nerves

Kim J.
on 8/10/09 3:59 am - Claremore, OK
I'm going to have BL w/Implants, Brach, and full TT w/lipo on Sept 3.  I'm really nervous and worried about the pain.  I know to expect pain.  Is it terrible?  I have a home daycare and hope to only be out 3-4 weeks.  Does that sound doable?  I have read some of the experiences on here and I've done some research.  If anyone has any advice I could use it!  I don't  know what to expect to wear afterwards, or what will help me the most to recover.  My husband is taking off of work the first week to take care of me. 
I'm really scared, but excited at the same time!  Please offer up your best advice of what will help the most!
Thanks!
Kim J 

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Cindy F.
on 8/10/09 5:08 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Hi Kim

I have not had my plastics yet.  I am scheduled for Oct 5.  LBL Breast Lift tummy tuck and lipo.  I feel exactly like you.  So excited I can't stand it. Then the next minute scared thinking am I nuts for doing this....I was like that with my weight loss surgery too.  So I am hoping it is normal.  So thought we could be excited and panic together. 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Kim J.
on 8/10/09 8:42 am - Claremore, OK
Hi Cindy,
I was like this with my RNY too.  The only difference was I didn't think it was going to hurt very bad.  Boy was I wrong!  I'm not good with pain!  I have had 3 c-sections so I thought it would be like that.  I got a minor infection and got a little sick.  But this is going to HURT BAD!  I know it.  Its scarey!  I hope I don't drive my husband too crazy.  He's very patient with me so that makes me feel better.
Good Luck with your surgery. 
Hugs to you too!
Kim J.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

tammyncook
on 8/10/09 5:41 am - Osceola, WI
I am in the same boat as you in that I am having my hernia repair/tummy tuck next Monday and I am EXTREMELY nervous and worried about everything!
My advice is this... I think it's all about each individual's pain tolerance. I've seen wildly varying individual opinions about this on this board... I would base it on your own experience which is what I've decided to do. I've had 2 c-sections, my gallbladder out & my RNY surgery. Based on all this, I am going to guess that I'll probably be perfectly fine with the pain. What I'm worried the most and losing sleep over is dealing with my 2 year old when I get home from the hospital!
I hope you have a good experience both with your surgery and your recovery. Good luck!
Tammy
Highest Weight 290 / Day of Surgery 275 / Doctor's Goal 190 / My Goal 160 / Now 143
Kim J.
on 8/10/09 8:44 am - Claremore, OK
I can't imagine having to take care of a 2 year old after surgery.  My kids are older, thank goodness!  I'm a baby enough. 
I wish you all the luck with your surgery and recovery! 
Hugs
Kim J!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/09 11:05 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
HI
I can help with some of this.......I've had the breast lift (no implants) and the Brachio done but not the TT...(my TT will be done soon).

After the breasts and arms I was in compression garments and just wore loose button down shirts.  I had NO pain at all with the breasts and the arms were not too bad.  The arms are worst in the armpit area.......that was not fun.  It takes a few weeks before you can really use your arms.  It wasn't until week 6 before I really had my full reach/stretch back.  I wouldn't do the TT with the arms because I thought it would be too hard to do things like get out of bed without being able to use the stomach muscles and not having use of my arms. 

I've been told by some of the veterans here who had their TT's already that we have to be prepaid to swell and swell a lot!  I'm taking 2 pair of pants.....one presurgery size and one 2 sizes larger just in case I swell like crazy.  It's not uncommon to out not being able to wear the clothes you walked in wearing.......plus I'm prepared it can mean a weight gain......I hate that idea but have accepted it.  I know I gained 2 lbs after my arms were done but it was all swelling.

Best wishes to............keep posting.........we all learn from each other.
Ruth
Kim J.
on 8/10/09 10:12 pm - Claremore, OK
Hi Ruth,
Thank you so much for your post.  I know I'm probably crazy for doing all of these at once.  My surgeon said that is the MAX he will do at once because the recovery time is a BUGER!  (his words)  Doing all of them at once is saving my money and time off of work.  I have my own business and I can't keep taking off of work.  So, I hope I can manage the pain!  I'll have too If I choose to do it this way.  Remind me later I said that!  LOL!
Good Luck with your TT and thanks again for your post!
Kim J!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/09 11:14 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Kim,
I've seen lots of folks who post here have the TT, arms, and breasts done at once.
Just take it really easy especially the first 2 weeks.  Do not try to over work your arms, trust me!!

Best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery.  Post and let us know how you are doing. 
Ruth
Faith *
on 8/10/09 9:22 pm, edited 8/10/09 9:22 pm
Hello Kim,

You are having quite a few surgeries done at once. I would take it easy.  From my experience and I have a high tolerance of pain, the TT is no joke.  I would advise anyone to take 4 weeks just for it.  I did not have any other surgeries at the time of my TT.  I just recently had www.smartlipo.com  and www.vaser.com  surgery. I had the surgery on a Thursday and was back at work on Monday.  Hopefully more people will chime in who have had multiple surgeries at once and if not, I would ask the PS.  Good luck to you.

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Kim J.
on 8/10/09 10:16 pm - Claremore, OK

Faith,
Thanks for your advice!  I will have to check out the websites you gave.  I haven't heard of vaser?  I'm always researching!  LOL! 
Thanks again!
Kim J!

Most Active