TT and arm lift?

BonBon1
on 8/10/09 7:47 am - Somewhere, GA
Hi everybody,
  I would really love some opinions from those of you who had a TT and arm lift at the same time.  How hard was this together?  Could you get up from the bed or recliner at all without help?  Do you think the pain was much worse because you had both done?
  I'm going for a 2nd PS consult Friday and just can't decide if I want to get both done together.  It would be a big savings financially to get them done at the same time but I'm just afraid
it's going to be really, really rough.  I need the TT most and think I'm going to have to get a hernia repair, too.  Not sure on that yet. 
  I'd appreciate info from all you brave ladies who have had this done!
                                Thanks, Bonnie
sonnieN
on 8/10/09 8:43 am - grand rapids, MI
I had and LBL and brachio done and really didn't have much problems. I was able to use my arms right away. Just had to be carefull about over using my right one because it became a little more tender. Never had a problem getting up from the recliner or toilet because of my arms. I will say that I did have a lifting recliner that helped as well as I worked out hard for 6 months prior to my surgery so my legs were very stong and could help compensate for not using my arms or abs.

Sonya
BonBon1
on 8/11/09 3:12 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks, Sonya, that helps.  My legs are pretty strong, too, so maybe that will be a big plus for me, too.  I actually had DH try to help me off the bed this morning as I was pretending not to be able to use my stomach muscles or arms at all.  We couldn't figure out how to do it at first, but finally managed.  I know he couldn't have lifted me before WLS!  I'm thinking about renting a lifting recliner, too, just in case.
  It really helps to know other people got through the whole thing just fine!
                              Bonnie
Cruisinpat
on 8/10/09 9:55 am
I had a revision anchor TT and arms done July 2nd and I did fine. My arms are still tender but no big deal. There shouldn't be a problem having them both done at the same time. Good luck!
Pat

BonBon1
on 8/11/09 3:15 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks for the info, Pat.  The whole thing has got me really nervous and I need to talk to the dr. alot more on Friday.  Then maybe I can make some kind of decision.
   I hope you do well as you move ahead with your recovery!
                                         Bonnie
Jupiter6
on 8/10/09 10:19 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I had an extended anchor cut abdominoplasty, and brachio at the same time--- plus a hernia, plus mastopexy -- 6 weeks ago.

A TT and arm lift mean you are not going to be able to get yourself up and down alone for several days.  Try it now-- recline in your chair and try to get up without using your arms, you'll see what I mean. When you add in painful drains and the hellfire of the hernia repair (by far the most painful for me) it just doesn't happen for a while. I am very muscular and worked out specifically so I could do more on my own, and even still needed the help a while-- probably 2 weeks.

As for pain, sure it was worse. Exponentially. But when it's over it's over.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

BonBon1
on 8/11/09 3:18 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks so much for your ideas.  I've been following your posts and you look great!  So much work at one time, but I know you must be glad you went ahead with it now.  DH is retired and will be home with me all the time so that's a big plus.  He has helped me through two other abdominal operations and has really done a good job.
  Yeah, pain, I'm expecting that!
                                      Bonnie
tazfan
on 8/10/09 11:15 am
I had my tummy tuck and arm lift done together 4 years ago.  It was painful standing up, sitting down, laying down and sitting up because you use both your arm and stomach muscles to do all of those things.  For me the pain only lasted as long as it took to stand up, sit down etc., once I was in that position the pain stopped.  I have no regrets doing them at the same time.
BonBon1
on 8/11/09 3:23 am - Somewhere, GA
Oh, thanks, that really helps to know.  I'm still trying to find the right doctor, at the right price, so I have time to think it all over.  It really helps to hear what everybody else experienced so I can be prepared.
       Good luck to you!
                                     Bonnie
Most Active