Please cross your fingers

sweetbabi
on 8/10/09 2:29 am - Haines City, FL
We found out that we may be getting out of the military early than expected ... within the next 2 months instead of Feb. So I talked to the surgeon that did my gastric bypass and they are going to try and get Tricare to approved a tummy tuck early. They say Tricare makes them wait until a year out. I'm only 9 months right now. My appt with the dr to take pics and stuff is the 25th and then they will send it to tricare so by the time I have the surgery (if approved) I will be 10 months out. I should know within a week after they submit it. So please cross your fingers for me. TIA

I am still talking to the plastic surgeon for my breast reduction on Wednesday. If he gets me approved I'll have that done if I don't get approved for the tt. If we do get to stay in until Feb I'll just have the br in a few months.

Redhaired
on 8/10/09 12:42 pm - Mouseville, FL
Good luck.  If Tricare does not approve -- appeal, you have nothing to lose.  Any chance of you having both surgeries?

sweetbabi
on 8/10/09 12:55 pm - Haines City, FL
Thanks. I'm hoping to do both, but we have to see how long we have left in the military. They won't be done at the same time though. My gastric bypass surgeon doesn't do breast reductions. I don't have to go through my PCM to get a referral for the tummy tuck, I just have to see my gastric bypass surgeon and they deal with Tricare all the time so I won't have to jump through hoops and have to worry about showing documentation or fighting with my PCM. I completely trust him too. I'd like to have him do both. So I have to go through 2 different doctors.

Redhaired
on 8/10/09 1:09 pm - Mouseville, FL
Good luck.  I hope you get your approvals and are able to have both surgeries.

red

Most Active