back fat

IAMASWEETHEART44
on 8/8/09 1:52 pm - aurora, IN
I had a panni done in Febuary of this year.
My insurance will pay for a breast job but its my back fat that is given me such fits.
I have lost 251 in 17 months and have alot of it.
Do they remove this and if they do what is it called?
thank you
Melissa M.
on 8/8/09 2:00 pm - Seabrook, TX

Othen than having an upper body lift and some lipo, I'm not sure how much they can remove.  I know with an upper body lift the incision goes along the back. It does make quite a difference.  I guess it really depends how much is fat and skin.  Your dr should be able to tell you what to expect realistically.

I have some back fat too and plan to have some lipod next month.  Also when I do my arms and side boobs (auxillia repair) that will help eliminate part of that roll that hangs over my bra and help the back appear smoother.

jereyes
on 8/8/09 11:10 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
I had my breasts lifted and aotoaugmented last summer.  The PS lifted my breasts then he cut along my bra line in the back.  He then rotated the tissue from my back and placed it in my breasts.  I have no artificial implants.  My breasted were filled out with my own tissue.  With the incision on my back it eliminated my back fat.  Good Luck!
Kennedy12
on 8/9/09 3:12 am - Chicago, IL
Are you happy with the shape of your breasts after the auto-augmentation? I am planning to have this done and am curious about how you feel about how your breasts look and feel?

Thanks in advance!

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

jereyes
on 8/9/09 11:40 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
I am very happy with my results.  My breasts look and feel natural.  They are probably not as full at the top compared if I did have implants.  I just did not want to deal with implants.  It was the right choice for me.  Good Luck!
Kennedy12
on 8/9/09 3:14 am - Chicago, IL
I am having the excess skin on my back addressed through a lower and upper body lift. It is a by product of these procedures with my surgeon.

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

cleos_mom
on 8/9/09 11:45 am - phila., PA
I had my back fat removed, I believe it is called a back  & Butt ,lift, the incision was above my butt.
check out my pix
doreenh
on 8/9/09 7:21 pm - Meredith, NH

I would ask when you get your breasts done.  My surgeon said they can pull it forward and use the tissue or cut if off. My surgeon took a bunch of it when I had my arms done. He asked what I planned on doing with my breasts.  He said I wouldn't do well with just a lift(not enough breast left ) and since I couldn't afford to do implants now; he could take some of the back fat now if I wanted.  It would mean a longer incision but I would eventually have one there anyways.   I said go for it, the back fat bothered me all most as much as my arms did.

What a difference it makes, no bra bulge. Even if I only get a panni and never do my breasts I'm a happy camper!

Siamak Agha MD PhD
on 8/10/09 7:01 am - Newport Beach, CA
I is called a transverse or bra-line upper body lift.  You can have a several back rolls removed at once, typically combined with a breast lift.  On e of the auto-augmentation procedures is called a Spiral flap and was described by Hurwitz and myslef in 2005.  There are a few other variations that are performed nowadays.

For more information on the different procedures, you can download a copy of my complientary booklet:  www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/b/

Siamak Agha MD PhD
Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgery
Specializing in Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
www.plasticsurgerycal.com

Most Active