discomfort with incision

ericas623
on 8/8/09 7:01 am - Roseville, MI

Ok, I am almost 6 weeks out, anchor tt.  The hole that I have at where the two incisions meet is almost healed up.  Thank god!!  However, at the top, just under my breasts, the incision hurts.  Is this normal?  It almost feels like the inside stitches are too tight.  It hurts when I stand up straight.  I see my doc on tuesday.  I was just wondering if it was normal.

Thanks,

Erica

Jessie-F
on 8/8/09 1:48 pm
Hi Erica,

we are post op about the same time and I too still feel discomfort under the breast. It feels like if the stitches are pulling or want to rip internally. They sort of burn, or are tender. I feel it the most when I move my arms a certain way or when my breast bounce as I move around. My surgeon checked it out and said everything "seemed" to be healing nicely. I would love to hear what yours say.
ericas623
on 8/11/09 6:42 am - Roseville, MI
Hey Jessie,

Went for my 6 week check up today.  I asked about the discomfort.  He said totally normal.  He said it was things stretching, and that it could last up to 6 months.  I hope not!!

Erica
Jessie-F
on 8/11/09 8:59 am
Yikes!!!, 6 months!!!........I hope not too.

It really feels like my seam is "caught" on the inside especially when I reach a certain way.
Thanks for replying to this post.

Jessie
Melissa M.
on 8/8/09 1:56 pm - Seabrook, TX

I also had the anchor cut and mine incisions don't hurt anywhere.  I don't think my incisions have hurt or anything since at least 2 weeks out.  There was some muscle soreness, but nothing really to complain about.  I'd be curious to see what your dr says.  Maybe you did something that my have made it sore again??  Hopefully it passes soon.

liz73
on 8/9/09 4:02 am
Hi Erica,
I'm also about 6 weeks out (Sx was June 30th.)  My incisions are sore in some places too.  How long did it take for your hole to heal & how long after surgery did you open up?   Let us know what your PS thinks.
-liz
ericas623
on 8/9/09 8:57 am - Roseville, MI
2 weeks after I got a hole.  It is still here, not as bad. Doc said about 1 month to heal that up.  We will see. It has healed quite a bit though.

Erica
Most Active