POLL: LBL w/Brachioplasty or Disneyworld???

katiekat412
on 8/7/09 2:29 am
I'm going to use Dr. S later this year. I would say you need to stay for 12 days because of the drains and sutures. If you have a doc at home who will help you with that, you may be able to get out sooner, but the drains are what will get you.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/7/09 3:53 am
It was definitely not a stupid question. Since many of us have Disney'd before (some of us often), we have a perspective you may not. The others have already said what I would have said, because we all know you can only ride certain rides if you are large enough, and remember it when you are a little older. Some of the most awesome rides are a bit much if you're too young.

Some disneyworld passes also come with water park days, and you will definitely feel better in the warm weather or water parks if you don't have excess skin hanging on you.

Mary162
on 8/7/09 12:19 am
I took my boys to Disney when my youngest was 5.  A few years later, he could not remember much about it!  Plastics first, then take your twins when they are old enough to ride almost all the rides.  They will have more fun, they will remember it, and you will look like a million bucks!
"Marriage must constantly fight against a monster which devours everything:  routine."  ~Honore de Balzac

inkerdoodles
on 8/7/09 12:58 am - Schenectady, NY

Not even an issue....

Plastics, Plastics, Plastics....... is Mickey going to hold up your extra skin every day?

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Ms S.
on 8/7/09 11:08 am
On August 7, 2009 at 7:58 AM Pacific Time, inkerdoodles wrote:

Not even an issue....

Plastics, Plastics, Plastics....... is Mickey going to hold up your extra skin every day?

MelissaF
on 8/7/09 1:33 am - Northwood, IA
I can imagine you are feeling guilt b/c of this decision if you put yourself first.  We had many home projects to finish and other things we needed to do but instead we put them all on hold so I could have surgery.  Some days I still feel some guilt but it is all self-inflicted, my husband gives me none.  I made him promise me not to hold my surgery against me ever if I did indeed do this, that is how fearful I was of the "guilt factor".  Now being done with it... I wouldn't have done it any other way. I love my new body and in turn it has made me a much happier person b/c I like what I see in the mirror and for the first time ever i have no back pain and I don't look like  deflated obese person any longer.

Have your LBL sweetie, you will be glad you did.  They will be just as appreciative of it next year.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Kim J.
on 8/7/09 3:46 am - Claremore, OK
your story sounds a lot like mine.  I have so much guilt.  The night after I went for my consult with my PS I cried and cried.  I feel so guilty.  I have a home daycare and I know the parents of the kids in my care depend on me.  I just feel so bad for putting them out like this.  I hope to get back to work soon, but I don't know how long to exptect to be in pain!  I have also told my husband not to ever hold it agianst me either.  But he has been super supportive.  He's using a weeks vacation to stay home and take care of me the first week.  I'm very blessed and I know this.  I just feel so bad for spending money on this when the economy is so bad and I know people that are having a really hard time just getting by and I am doing this...Oh, I can go on and on about my guilt.  But there is also fear.  I'm really worried about the pain!  I'm a baby!  I know it will be worth it in the end, but I'm still scared. 

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Kim J.
on 8/7/09 3:47 am - Claremore, OK
I agree with everyone else.  Take the kids when they are older.  It will be a better memory for them and you. 

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

kendralynn
on 8/8/09 1:02 am - IA
I'd definitely get the plastics first. They are still a little young for Disneyworld to get the most out of it. Last year I went to an amusement park and on the log ride I had my hands up in the air when they took a picture...I was horrified at my arms! I had major bat wings and it put me in a funk the rest of the day. We definitely didn't buy it. :P Good luck with whatever you decide!
~K
Open RNY 7-27-04   
-180 Lbs.
Ms S.
on 8/12/09 6:49 pm
Thanks again everyone for responding -  I really was stumped for a second there but you've completely eased my concerns that I was being selfish.  I can't wait to go to Disney with the kids.   I'm even more excited to know that when I do go, they'll be big enough to enjoy themselves and I will be able to truly enjoy myself - without the batwings and belly in the way of MY good time.

Most Active