POLL: LBL w/Brachioplasty or Disneyworld???

Ms S.
on 8/6/09 3:05 pm
My twins are four now and I'd like to take them to Disney World.  They get a thrill from the Disney Store so you know Disney World will knock 'em out!

That said, I could really use an LBL w/Brachioplasty.  No, it's not gonna kill me or them either way.

I've never been to Disney and neither have they.  I've never even taken a road trip with them cuz they behave like they have no home training! I could tell them we're going to Disney but they wouldn't really 'get it' until we got there.  I've told them nothing about it but I've been researching.  

I could have a decent trip for about $2500 for 3dys/4nights according to the Disney site.  I would take the money out of my PS funds but then I'd have to wait til maybe this time next year to do my surgeries.  I could do my surgeries and wait til this time next year for Disney - but I wonder if they'll still be enamoured with the experience as I know they would now. 

Anywhoo, I don't know....what do you think? 

(Thanks for your answers ahead of time ya'll!  I look forward to and appreciate your input!)

happy girl
on 8/6/09 3:19 pm
I'd have the surgery, and then the trip.  Your kids will be older and might enjoy it more. 

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

DEBI R.
on 8/6/09 5:29 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I'd have the surgery and go to Disney next year if it were me. Believe me plastics was the best thing I've ever done next to WLS.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Redhaired
on 8/7/09 1:42 pm - Mouseville, FL
I have never done Disney with kids.  They will not let my kids in the gate!  But I have been around the kids that people are dragging around the park.  Many are entirely too young to really appreciate all that is going on and the significant investment in time and MONEY it takes to do the theme parks.  I would wait till the kids were like 7 or 8 at least.  They will have more stamina and be better able to participate in all that Disney has to offer. 

Red

red

Renee2007
on 8/6/09 9:40 pm - Central, FL
I would do the trip later when the kids are able to ride on more rides. At 4 years old they grow tired easily.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

katiekat412
on 8/6/09 10:04 pm
No question! Surgery first!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

cleos_mom
on 8/6/09 10:25 pm - phila., PA
No ? about it. SURGERY first

the trip lasts for 4 days & the surgery lasts a lifetime, besides the twins will enjoy it when they are older
Lois G.
on 8/6/09 10:53 pm - Ashland, PA
Our twin granddaughters went to disney at four......now I look at them and know that they would have enjoyed much much more now that they are five.....but espcially you will enjoy yourself having less skin to walk around with at disney, believe me you will feel like a million bucks with the plastics done first..........................
jereyes
on 8/6/09 11:42 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
I would definitely go for the plastics first.  My twins did not go to Disney until the were 13 years old.  They still had a great time but not as magical.  I would rather my children remember their exciting trip and 4 is a little bit young.  Just my thoughts.  Also occasionally Moms need to put them first.  Good luck on your decision.
Ms S.
on 8/7/09 12:07 am
Disney will certainly see a happier mom with five year old twins!

March in Mexico, someone is doing my fluer de lis LBL w/Brachioplasty!

Thank you all so much for your input!  I'm starting to think it was a stupid question! LOL. . .

As an aside, Dra Sigler (TJ,MX) said she could do the procedures for $6500, but I've been checking out some pics and talking to some folks here and Dr Sauceda is sure starting to grow on me.  For what I'm looking for, I believe I would pay approximately $8500 all inclusive.  Have you seen his incisions?  PERFECT!  The only thing is that I don't want to spend 12 dys in MX...I wonder if I can get away with maybe seven?  I'll have to ask the Dr's I'm considering.

Anywhoo, thanks again for responding to this 'poll' it's been unnecessarily bugging me for a little bit and ya'll have greatly eased my mind! 

Most Active