legs?

momto3boyz
on 8/6/09 6:21 am - Hampstead, NC
I went and seen a cosmetic surgeon a couple of weeks ago about the extra skin on my legs and he told me I would have a scar that ran along my groin area and down the inside of both of my legs and down the back of my calves. He also told me that they wouldnt ever look alike. Is this what everyone else has experienced? Should I seek someone new? It was also going to be $10,000 just for my legs. Reasonable?

Thanks for any help. I am sure my insurance woulnd't pay for it. I had to pay for my own panni removal and it was necessary due to a hernia.

Melissa

429/395/225/184/185 6' height

1st dr appt/surgery/dr goal/current/my goal

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 6:34 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I too need the long incision thighplasty.
I've met with many surgeons, nobody has said anything about them not looking alike?  Part of the job of the surgeon is to give you limbs that match.  When they mark you do so so you'll be symmetrical.

All of the quotes I have for just the inner thighplasty (long incision) w/all hosp and anesthesia fees range from $5,500 - $8,000 (and one who came in at $11,000) so I'm thinking $10k might be a bit high.

How many surgeons have you had consultations with?  You should really meet with a few....

Good luck
Ruth

momto3boyz
on 8/6/09 6:48 am - Hampstead, NC
Thanks for your response. I have only met with one. I was crushed after talking to them and didn't know what to do. I had a panni removal and a hernia repair done in Feb by the same doctor that did my RNY and he recommended this doctor. I think I will try to consult a few more.

Thanks
Melissa

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 7:33 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
From personal experience I would recommend you talk to many........
You can call their office and ask for the AVG cost of procedures and then decide if you want to have a consultation to get an exact quote.  I was able to weed out 1 or 2 that way because I knew I wouldn't be paying almost $10k for just the Brachioplasty.

Also post on the forum for your home state and ask people which plastic surgeon they used and ask what they paid........I've found many people on these forums are very willing to help and share info.

Best wishes!
Ruth
oceanwave2
on 8/6/09 8:06 am - Clayton, NC
Melissa,

If you don't mind me asking which surgeon in NC gave you that quote on your legs.
The surgeon I went to in Cary,  NC Dr. Stoeckel is a wonderful surgeon he did my anchor TT and BL this summer and I look great.  His Website address is www.wakeplasticsurgery.com if you want to check out is website.

Hope this helps.

Jasmine

P.S. His office staff rocks.  VIP treatment from the time you walk in till the time you leave.
momto3boyz
on 8/6/09 9:02 am - Hampstead, NC
It was at Wilmington Plastics. I will check out your doctors web site. TY

Melissa

BigCityGirl
on 8/6/09 8:59 am - San Diego, CA
I've never heard of calf surgery with scars down the back of the calves.  I guess you learn something new every day.  It's always wise to get multiple opinions for different surgeons.  The price sounds reasonable.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Melissa M.
on 8/6/09 12:03 pm - Seabrook, TX
I definitely wouldn't want a scar that ran to the back of my calves.  Never heard of it on here.  It's bad enough having a scar on the inside of your thighs and  you can kind of hide it, but not the calves--well unless you have pants.  I would definitely consult with other surgeons.  Even folks that have had really large amounts of excess skin on their thighs don't have the incision run that long.
Most Active