I'm Approved!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 2:32 am
I am too excited, I was approved by Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey for some of my plastic surgery!  I can't stop smiling (I know you guys understand) and I am so Psyched!  I know 2 procedures were approved, but I am not sure which 2.  I've been calling the insurance company daily trying to expedite the decision and one of the ladies called me this morning to tell me I was approved for two procedures but she's not sure which two.  She's not part of the decision making process, but she had cosmetic surgery in the past and sympathized with me and just wanted to help ease my mind.  That was very kind of her and I made sure she knew that I appreciated her help.

Okay, this is my story.  I had my consultation over a month ago, the doctor took pictures and submitted them to my insurance company.  I had no rashes which means no doctor notes of any kind to submit to the insurance company with the request.  So, I assumed I will just be paying for everything out of pocket, which my husband and I prepared for (saved $23, 000 in total).  My surgery was costing $19,000 (tummy tuck, breast lift with implants, lipo, hospital, anesthesia, and blood work), and I had to save the amount to equal my pay just in case I was denied Short Term Disability.

My surgery is scheduled for August 24th and I just cannot get myself together today.  I must say thank you to everyone on this board, you may or may not know how much you have helped me with preparing for my surgery.  I would not have submitted information to Blue Cross Blue Shield if so many of you had  not told your story of approval without documentation.  I would not have saved and budgeted if so many of you did not tell your story of sacrifice. 

I have not posted questions regarding what's needed for the pre-op or post-op because so many of you told me through others questions.  I feel so ready for my post-op symptoms, medication, requirements (men t-shirts, maxi pads for drainage purpose, strips to put on the wounds, shaving body parts, etc.), trust me the list goes on thanks to all of you.

To all of the newbies, submit to your insurance company.  I believe BC/BS of NJ is one of the toughest insurance company to get anything from and they approved me. 

I'm going to stop now, because I can write forever thanking all of you.  May God continue to bless each and everyone of you!

Sherline

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 2:35 am

Congratulations, this is very exciting -- I still remember the phone call from the Dr.'s office letting me know I was approved!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Cindy F.
on 8/6/09 2:52 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
That is so AWESOME!!!!  So happy for you!!!     I would be smiling too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Kim J.
on 8/6/09 5:57 am - Claremore, OK
I'm really happy for you.  I have BCBS of MN and I e-mailed them and asked them about my coverage.  They told me they would not cover it because it was cosmetic.  I'm paying out of pocket.

congrats!  I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Kim J.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

valjuan16
on 8/6/09 6:00 am - PASADENA, CA
Congradulations to you how exciting!!!!   How much weight did you lose and what did your doctor request when they submitted for PS?  I have Blueshield of California HMO (do you have hmo or ppo?).  I need TT, breast lift and thigh lift.  I will have to go to Mexico cause I don't have any $$ and too expensive here.  I am starting to save now.

Any insite you can give will be great.

Val
God is good all the time!!

Gastric Bypass Dr. Troy La Mar  03/12/08
Anchor Cut,  Extended Tummy Tuck  Dr. Pearlman D. Hicks 12/17/10
Starting weight 265, Goal Weight 130, Current Weight 145.
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 9:26 am
Hi Val.  To answer your questions I lost 90 lbs and my doctor submitted pictures of my sagging breast (breast lift) and saggy belly.  I'm not sure exactly what they are paying for but since I was told two procedures are covered it must be the breast lift and the panni (I'll happily pay for tightening the muscles).

I have BC BS PPO.

Good luck and if I can answer any more questions feel free to ask.

Sherline
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 6:06 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congratulations!
Makes me think I should call my insurance company just in case.
Best wishes on your surgery and recovery.
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 9:22 am
Thank you for all the well wishes and being excited for me. 

I am looking forward to August 24th, I can barely sit still now that I know it's only 18 days away.  I always knew I was having the surgery, but just knowing that I can have the surgery and a vacation at the end of the year is thrilling.

Sherline
DEBI R.
on 8/6/09 6:04 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Congratulations on your insurance approval and surgery date.

Did the lady you talked to give you the codes you were approved for?  If she did you can google the codes and find out what you got approved for, that's what I did when I found out I was approved. I got approved for my panni and arms through insurance and I paid for the rest myself.

Good luck with your surgery on the 24th.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

dmoore1162
on 8/8/09 10:21 am
post op try men's boxer shorts.  My drains for the abdominal plasty came out of my "mound".  When underwear is mandatory (I couldn't bring myself to go to church without underwear on - don't know why just couldn't), I wore the men's boxers.  Pull the drains out the fly and then pin them to the waist band.   I wore pajama pants.  My surgeon also said to wear only button down shirts.  I just borrowed some shirts from one of the guys from my church.  Also - check second hand stores for those gripper things that to pick things up off the floor.  It is a bear bending over for about 2 weeks.  My boyfriend brought some when I made him come over to pick my phone up off the floor.

Good luck.  The post op pain is not half as bad as people lead you to believe (at least I didn't think it was all that bad).

Delores Moore
it's never too late

Most Active