How did you pay for your plastic surgery?

mel2008
on 8/6/09 7:11 am - Denver, CO
So yesterday I went to my 1st consultation for plastic surgery. I have lost 165 lbs. I am in major need of a tummy tuck and breast lift with implant. The total cost with hospital fees was $20,300.00 When you look at the break down its not the surgeon that cost a lot it is the hospital fees. I am ready to do anything to get this surgery. I was just seeing how some of you were able to pay for your surgery.... i am looking in to financing or taking out a home equity loan or just getting a part time job and saving and trying to pay for it on my own. I feel that i am in good shape now and can work two or three jobs if that is what it takes. I really loved the surgeon and his staff. I felt how i felt when i met my Bariatric surgeon very comfortable. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 7:30 am, edited 8/6/09 9:14 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Used some of my savings (sold some stock).  I Paid cash to get the discount (many surgeons offer anywhere from 3% - 10% discount for cash).
Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/6/09 7:36 am
You and I both live in Denver.  I had the same problem.  I was quoted as an outpatient for a panni removal and arm lift $13800.00.  This was a lot since I need everything done and these two procedures are just a start.  So I had to look out of the country for a surgeon.  I'm now scheduled to have my surgery in Mexico in December.  I feel I have found a great surgeon there and I can stay at a hotel near his facilities for 12 days on his dime.  His costs are much more resonable and I can afford to have several procedures done at once.  You might have to consider a different option. I know I could never afford $20K.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

BigCityGirl
on 8/6/09 9:01 am - San Diego, CA
I took a second job and I did some financing.  Thankfully I have no debt now - everything has been paid off. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
jonelle32514
on 8/6/09 9:33 am - Pensacola, FL
i sold some of my stocks and took a loan from hubby's retirement.  I don't know what I am going to do about my next procedure.  Will insurance pick up the tab for anythng?

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Michelley
on 8/6/09 1:41 pm - North Platte, NE
I having a lower body lift, breast lift, and arms done all this fall. I am doing it in 2 surgeries and the cost will be $15k for all of it. I'm going to Dr. Atchison in Kearney, NE.  I am going to check with my credit union, surgeryloans.com, and if I can't get a loan though them I'll be putting it on my credit card.
Michelley
Revision LapBand 9/11/07

MelissaF
on 8/6/09 2:39 pm - Northwood, IA
Wow that is cheap!

My LBL is costing me almost 14 k now after insurace (having more bills come in than expected!) and I was qouted 15k for my breasts alone in two separate procedures.  WOW.. must be nice! LOL.. jealous.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

doreenh
on 8/6/09 7:23 pm - Meredith, NH

Have you looked into any teaching hospitals.  I had my brachio done this way and it saved me lots of $$$$ and I think they look awesome!  My insurance should cover most of my panni because of rashes, and the rest I'll just have to save $.  I'm considering a 2nd job for a few months to help with the costs.  I feel a little guilty spending the money.

Faith *
on 8/7/09 12:15 am
I paid for TT out right with my bonus and income tax refund.  My most recent surgery of lipo and vaser I paid  $1400 out of pocket and financing the remainder for 18 months no interest.

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Jupiter6
on 8/7/09 5:02 am, edited 8/7/09 5:03 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Personal loans that I am paying back without interest, and one piece of it was actually a gift. I am fortunate enough to know a couple of people who are happy to help invest in me and can afford to give me time to reimburse them. I'm having to sell my soul to da debbil to get them their cash though, I'm telling you.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active