Arm lift: where can I get a "grabber" and what else do I need for recovery?

michelle1123
on 8/6/09 10:56 am - San Francisco, CA
Hi all,

I'm having a brachioplsty and breast lift/augmentation on Aug. 28.  Starting to plan for my recovery and wondering if anyone has any tips on things I will need. 

I've heard people talking about a "grabber" to help reach for/pick up things.  Where can I buy that?  How about the silicon strips to help reduce scaring?

Suggestions and advice appreciated. 

Michelle

vickie O.
on 8/6/09 11:26 am - amarillo, TX
you can go to drleonards.com  or go to a home health care supply place or a place that supplies oxygen would probably have one. if you can get the metal one you would be better of.  i think i have even seen it advertised at walmart, but not for sure.  good luck on your surgery. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

sel
on 8/6/09 11:35 am - colchester, CT

You can find a grabber just about in any drug store or a store like Walmart or google for it online.

Don't know about the silicone strips, I never used any. Be sure you leave most of what you will be using, especially when you are home alone on a table or counter so you won't be tempted to reach up or down. Have some extra pillows to keep your arms elevated above your heart to help keep the swelling down.

Best of luck with your surgery.

Sher

Melissa M.
on 8/6/09 11:46 am - Seabrook, TX
I bought mine at target for 9.99.  The ones at the supply store are twice as much.  These are the things I bought for my surgery:

Lift chair
toilet seat riser
pillow wedge/extra pillows
colace
senekot-s
thermometer
tissues
grabber thingie
chapstick
bath wipes
kotex pads to put on drains if necessary
bacitracin
protein mix/bars
books/dvds
warm comfy socks :)

Good luck!
Melissa
playwithzoe
on 8/6/09 11:48 am
Hey Michelle, wow big news for you!  I think I got my grabber at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond.  Also you can find the scar strips at any drug store.  Let me know how you are doing after the surgery and I'm sure you'll do great.

Tamera

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Redhaired
on 8/6/09 12:44 pm - Mouseville, FL
I got my grabber at Lowe's I think.  I have seen them at Walmart and BB&B and other places that sell housewares.

Red

MelissaF
on 8/6/09 2:37 pm - Northwood, IA
Don't laugh.. I ended up not using mine b/c I kept dropping it.  I told my husband I needed a 'grabber' for my grabber.... seriously.  I am just too clutsy! I didn't use mine at all. LOL
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Lynne R.
on 8/6/09 11:10 pm - Houston, TX
Don't remember using it after surgery particularly, but I couldn't live without my grabber! I'm short so I need it in the kitchen.

Lynne

debbiel
on 8/9/09 9:09 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
Hi.. I am not sure if you have Walgreens.. but I just saw the grabber thing.... there yesterday..I would wait on buying anything for scaring till after you have surgery and see what your dr. wants you to try. There are so many things out there.  Best of Luck to you... Keep us posted...Ps.. I almost forgot one good thing I used was any kind of top that was button/snap.. anything easy to get off and on.
Most Active