Breast reduction..lifted too?

sheilapowershill
on 8/5/09 10:42 am
When you have a breast reduction that is covered by insurance is a "lift" preformed at the same time?  I am a full d and would be willing to go to a b if insurance required that much of a reduction to cover it but only if they a lifted the girls at the same time. Thanks y'all!

dec721
on 8/5/09 12:16 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Surely so.  I can't imagine how they could be reduced without lifting.  I had one six years ago.  Fantastic!      --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

sheilapowershill
on 8/5/09 12:21 pm
Thank you for the quick reply!  I just read over the coverage policy on my ins web site and am quite excited.  At my current weight they would need to remove 550 ccs. The only requirement I don't meet now is the 6 weeks of physical therapy for the back pain and I will have my boss make that referral tomorrow!  Wouldn't it be wonderful to wear a cute nightie without an ugly bra!  Thanks again!

dec721
on 8/5/09 9:28 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Oh yeah, to be "normal" is a wonderful thing! 

I don't know how old you are, but my cute little perky ones have sagged quite a bit over the past six years -- I was 50 when I had the surgery, 56 now, went through menopause, lost 110 pounds.  They are little deflated skin bags at this point, HA! but I don't even care.  They actually look pretty much like my mama's did at this age, and they are comfortable and look just right in a bra.  Anyway, the point of that was to say ... don't do a whole lot of bra-lessness, because they will sag again as you get older.  As I said, to be normal is a wonderful thing!

Best wishes on your journey!          --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

sheilapowershill
on 8/6/09 4:38 am
Im almost 40 but they spend a lot of time in my armpit already!  LOL!

Most Active