Average price??

BonBon1
on 8/5/09 7:33 am - Somewhere, GA
Hello everybody,
  I had my first PS consult today after losing 175 lbs.  I will be 2 yrs. PO next month.  I liked the dr. very much and would feel confident with her doing my surgery.  I am looking at a tummy tuck and possibly an arm lift at the same time.  We think our insurance will pay for a panniculectomy and maybe we can finance the rest.  Here's the problem: DH is going ballistic because he thinks this dr's prices are really high!  For the TT, if the insurance pays for the panni, the total price everything included is $7150.  If I have the arms done at the same time total price is$10,650.  Both my panni and arms are extremely bad, more so than most I see on here.  I will go to other consults, but I'm interested what you guys think about these prices.
   Thanks so much!  I read these post every day and they have been so helpful to me.
                                         Bonnie
sonnieN
on 8/5/09 1:03 pm - grand rapids, MI
I'm in MI and was told the TT & Brachio w/ everything included would be just over 6k. I opted for the LBL & brachio  whi*****luded everything including a night in the hospital was $11,635.

Sonya
BonBon1
on 8/5/09 8:42 pm - Somewhere, GA
Wow, Sonia,  I think MI must be cheaper than Ga!  Thanks for the info, I think you got a great price.   Maybe I should pack my bags and head north for surgery!
  I hope your surgery and recovery went well.
                                                      Bonnie
DEBI R.
on 8/5/09 5:25 pm - CORSICANA, TX
That price sounds good to me. I had a circumferential TT with anchor cut and brachioplasty in April and my insurance paid for the panniculectomy and brachioplasty. I was still out $10,000 for the circumferential TT with anchor cut, Operating room and anesthesiologist plus my 20% for the covered services.

Good luck with your plastics. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

BonBon1
on 8/5/09 8:47 pm - Somewhere, GA
Thanks for your reply, Debi.  From everything I can read,  the price I was quoted is pretty standard here.  I'm going to at least 2 more consults and we'll see what they say.  DH read alot of stuff about it all last night and announced he will pay for my surgery!!  Yah, yah, yah!   I'm so excited and scared at the same time!
                                                        Bonnie
DEBI R.
on 8/6/09 3:19 am - CORSICANA, TX

I'm glad everythings working out for you, I wish you the best.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/6/09 7:25 am
I'm going with Dr. Sauceda in Mexico for my surgery because my insurance won't pay for any part of it.

I started this journey at over 450 lbs and have a lot of excess skin at this time.  I was quoted for a panni and arm lift (to be tweaked later after I get to goal) by a doc here in Colorado at $13,800.00 (outpatient, anesthesia included, no overnight stay)

Dr. Sauceda can offer the same service plus 12 days in a hotel close to the hospital plus my airfare up to $600.00 for much much less.  And I've seen his work and spoke to his patients who are all very pleased.

The quote you got is fairly reasonable for the states.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

BonBon1
on 8/6/09 7:59 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks for your reply.  I've considered Dr. Sauceda because he really does seem to do good work.  Oh, and he costs less!   If I get denied by insurance I may contact him later.
  Believe me, I have ALOT of extra skin too and I wish you the very best with your surgery.  I hope all your PS dreams come true!
                                                       Bonnie
JustLookingToo
on 8/23/09 11:44 am - AL
Bonnie,

I'm not sure where you are in Georgia, but if you are anywhere near Alabama (and your insurance would allow you to use an out of state doctor), you might want to price some of the Birmingham docs. I was looking for a breast implant revision last year and found that the Alabama docs were WAY cheaper than the Atlanta area doctors that I consulted with. 
Most Active