Did anyone combine Tummy Tuck and Inner Thighplasty into one procedure?

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/09 3:39 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Curious if anyone did the Tummy tuck (Fleur-de-lis) and the Inner Thighplasty (long incision) at the sametime? 

If so, how was recovery?
I think they are probably to two toughest to recover from so if any of you brave folks who did this would share with me the good, the bad and the ugly of it I'd sure appreciate it.  It's decision time for me.

Note- I'm not talking about the full LBL.....just the tummy tuck and then adding the Thighplasty to do it.

Thanks!!!
Ruth
Newlifeagain
on 8/5/09 4:07 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hi Ruth,

That's a great question.  I would be interested in finding out about those two together also.  Thanks for asking.  I can't wait to read any responses!

Take care and be blessed my friend.

Rose

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/09 5:01 am

Hi Ruth.  I am scheduled for a tummy tuck and breast lift on August 25th.  I wanted to add the upper thigh lift (crease incision) but Dr. Fodero refuses to touch thighs or buttock with tummy tuck and breast lift.  I also had other consultations with two more doctors and one of the doctor was willing to do tummy tuck, breast implants and lipo on my inner thighs at the same time.  Another doctor was not willing to touch the thigh or buttocks while doing a tummy tuck.

Good luck with your decision.

Sherline

Diane B.
on 8/5/09 11:04 am - Seymour, CT
Hi Ruth,

You can see below that I had the "blue plate special" all at once, so I think you should be just fine combining 2 procedures, as long as your surgeon agrees.  I also think the first few days of having any surgery, either 1 procedure or 4 procedures, you basically feel like crap, lol.    I have had no complications so far.  Good luck!

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/09 3:51 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
"blue plate special"....LOL!
You sure did get a lot done at once!!
How was your recovery?  Do you think it took longer because of having so many things done at once.  
Did you have the long incision on your thigh lift (groin to knee)?

Thanks!
Ruth
Diane B.
on 8/7/09 5:10 am - Seymour, CT
My recovery has been great, no complications, no healing problems.  Once I got the IV out (day 3) I only took ibupropen and tyIenol.  I did have the long thigh incision, and wear my compression garments 24/7.  I posted some after pics, some at 2 weeks, and still have yet to post my 4 week pics.  Good luck to you, I'm sure you will do just fine. 

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

cleos_mom
on 8/5/09 1:25 pm - phila., PA
Hi Ruth
My friendcombined the TT and inner thigh plasty with the long incision from knee to groin and she recovered very well she only took off work for 10days.
I had inner thigh lift with long incision and buut & back lift together and I did amazing
you will to
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/09 12:35 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Susan,
Thanks for the info........it's comforting to know someone else did it that way.
I always worry if I'm planning too much cutting for one procedure...
Thanks again!
Ruth

PS- I'm sending you a PM too
happy girl
on 8/5/09 10:58 pm

sent you a PM (again )

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Most Active