First Consult Today- Option I Didn't Know About

Mendee M.
on 8/4/09 1:08 pm - Mulvane, KS
Hi all,

Had my first consult today, and I really liked the Doc, although he was a little more pricey than I expected. But I guess when you have 25 years of experience, and a nice new facility to pay for, you can charge more.

My main discussion was my arms. He said I would be a candidate for Brach, however he also told me about another option I may want to consider since I don't have a "large" amount of skin. Instead of the long incision down my arm, he would make a cut in my armpit and pull the skin up. He said I would not have "quite" the tightness of a brach, but I wouldn't have the scar either. Has anyone had any experience with this? The price was the same no matter which one I chose, it is the end result I need to focus on.

Also, my arms would end up being more expensive than my BL with saline implants. Is this normal??
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Jupiter6
on 8/4/09 1:13 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
The short scar brach is popular with people with less arm mass. I can tell you-- the longer scar is very....involved for lack of a better word, and intrusive--- and a better choice for those with a LOT of mass to lose, probably.

Mmm hmm, it's pricey. I think my brach and my breast reduction were similarly priced.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Newlifeagain
on 8/5/09 4:43 am - Bakersfield, CA
I agree with Jupiter.  I had a HUGE mass of skin hanging from both my arms, and I don't think they could have "pulled" it up enough to get the desired results.  With much care and use of very good scar creams and gels to fade the scars, I think the results will be much better.  

Unfortunately, I will have to have a revision of my left arm, but I still believe that the end results will be what I wanted.

I will add that a few days ago, I believe that I read on OH, that one poster is going to have lipo done to the arms first, and then later, the left over skin will be removed???  The armpit cut may work with less volume in the "batwing"???

Blessings,
Rose

Road Less Travelled
on 8/9/09 11:38 pm
VSG on 12/13/10 with
I've seen pic's from a doc in my area that does this -- wow they look so much better then the long scar - I don't have much, so if I ever do my arms that's the procedure I'd have for sure.

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

Most Active