Mrs Roper Chic

Monica P.
on 8/4/09 2:17 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

(I have an unusual posting style, in case you hadn't noticed.)

I'm getting ready for a LBL and its coming so fast I just don't feel like I'm ready to do this. I'm getting more and more scared of the pain and the recovery. This is so different than how I was when I had my RNY.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about what I will wear and what is going to work best. I got a few mu-mus at a second hand store for $4 each. They're loose fitting, flowing and so obnoxiously loud that even Mrs. Roper from 3s Company would think they're tacky. I love them!

So is this going to work for me while I'm in recovery? What about underwear? Are my current panties going to be wearable? Wait, I'll be smaller in the hips, so will I need all new underwear??

sboyd1
on 8/4/09 3:12 pm - Pearland, TX
@ Mrs. Roper chic! I'm sure the more comfortable you are, the better you'll feel. Don't buy too much, your recovery time my go so well and so fast, until you may want clothes that accentuate your new body/shape.

Best wishes on you LBL.... your post was too funny... I can hear that funky music to that show right now... "Come and knock on our door... .we've been waiting for you.... where the () are hers and hers and his three's company too.... "
DEBI R.
on 8/4/09 6:49 pm - CORSICANA, TX
That's funny I'm watching 3's company right now!!  I think the mumus are a great idea. As far as panties go I didn't wear any after mine I just wore a Mens long white T-shirt that went to my knees and my binder because I had 6 drains and it was easier without panties until my drains came out.

Good luck with your LBL you will do great!!
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/09 6:54 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Monica, I didn't know this was coming up for you!! Congrats!

It's scary, and I got nervous, but I also have implicit trust in my surgeon.

The muumuus look lovely, LOL. I went with sweatshorts because I like my thighs separated, but most like the nightgown style.

Girl, send me an email with your surgery date and I'll come to LB before and I'll prep you as best I can and you can ask me 10 million questions. :D

Oh, and here's a good post from a few weeks ago.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3981084/Preparing- for-LBL-surgery-What-to-take-what-to-wear-And-my/
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/09 2:08 am
Monica, I am only one week out and here is what I have found about clothing immediately post-op for LBL:

1.  Shira recommended lightweight sweatsuit, but I couldn't find any I liked.  I "got" that the main idea is drawstring pants if you like your legs covered (which I do) -- so I found jammies and drawstring pants and loose t-shirts, and dyed them with RIT to meet my personal fashion needs.  I'm just not a pastel person, and I really like cotton -- what can I say.  Sears and Target had the basics.

2.  Keep in mind that you might not be able to shower for two weeks.  TWO WEEKS.  My wonderful doctor has asked a few times about how the "hygiene thing" is going  -- my response is, I think it's okay, I sponge bathe what I can, and the family says I don't smell bad.  If you are wearing cotton, which is absorbent, then you are likelier to be odor free.  Polyester causes problems.

3.  G-d bless giant cottony granny underpants.  When you come out of surgery, you will NOT immediately be a size two.  You may be even larger than when you went in, due to swelling and pressure garments.  To protect your crotch, I have found that giant size-14 sanitary pads, stuck in under the garment, keep it from irritating the privates.  And giant cottom granny underpants just complete the look and comfort.

Good luck!!!

Cindy F.
on 8/5/09 7:00 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Monica

Or should I say Mrs Roper chic, sounds comfortable to me.  Mrs Roper would be so proud. 

Can't really help with your questions because I am not until October 5.  But that is coming quick too.  Exciting and scary........One minute can't wait and the next wondering if I am crazy!!  Sort of like when I had my sleeve. 

Hugs and Kisses
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Monica P.
on 8/5/09 8:40 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

When I had my RNY I was so gung-ho, nothing scared me or made worry. I was SO ready. 

This is completely different, I have cold feet at least once a day.  I'm thinking I should stop looking at surgery scars for a while.

We'll get thru this together. :)

Cindy F.
on 8/5/09 8:43 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
I feel the same way.  But can't seem to stop looking.  Yes your right we can get through this TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!

And it is very exciting to think we will have a great body after.

Hugs.
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Melissa M.
on 8/5/09 2:19 pm - Seabrook, TX
I mainly wore tshirt gowns and summer dresses for the first week or 2 and that was fine.  I really didn't go anywhere.  I also didn't wear underwear probably for the first week.  My garment had an open crotch so it made it easier to go the bathroom.  I didn't wear pajama buttons or anything because I didn't want to deal with having to pull my pants up and down after the LBL.  I was all for making things as easy as possible.  I was able to wear the same underwear after my LBL because I was so swollen.  I eventually bought smaller ones once I got out and about. 

The pain wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.  I'm sure you'll be fine.
Most Active