Need advice on how this should be handled please

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/09 4:35 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I sent you a PM........sorry it's kind of looooong.
DrL
on 8/5/09 6:18 am - Houston, TX
You can always ask if he has a written revision policy.  Some practices disclose this before surgery so if these issues arise, it's clear on what's covered and what's not.

I would say it's standard for the surgeon to fix things up for no charge, and for the patient to cover anesthesia fees if needed.  Most revisions can fortunately be done in the office in my experience.

I am always dismayed to see a patient who has recently undergone surgery elsewhere now asking my advice.  This is a troublesome situation for all parties, and even well-meaning surgeons can call into question the actions of the prior surgeon...even though they were not there for the surgery or the preop decision making, 

My advice here is to stick with your original doc unless you feel all lines of communication and trust are hopelessly damaged.  I am assuming you chose surgeons carefully, and he no doubt wants you to look right too ! 
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
JerssyQueen
on 8/5/09 9:50 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks everyone with your replies.  I found my paper work and it does say he will do the repairs for free for the first year but that I will have to pay the hospital fees.  Just pretty much stinks when he's the one who screwed up and now I have to pay for it.  Will see how it goes on Friday.  Wish me luck
TY
Christine

311     /     286    /      150    /   160
Highest /   Surgery  /  Current  /  
  Goal

Most Active