Need advice on how this should be handled please

JerssyQueen
on 8/4/09 12:03 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi all,

I had a lift with augmentation done this past April.  When I went for the consultation I told him I wanted a full C-D (something that looked normal for my size body that didn't look too fake.  When all was said and done I didn't like them at all.  I wish they were a little bit bigger.  That's not even my main problem though.  My left boob is smaller and my left aereola is 1/2 inches lower then the right.  When I went in 2 weeks ago to see him he agreed and told me this.  We can move the nipple to where it should be.  If we do it in the office there will be no charge.  If we go to the hospital there will be the fees with the anesthesiologist and hospital.  Ummmmmmm ..... CUT MY NIPPLE OFF IN THE OFFICE?  He messed up why should I have to do this in his office?   Then when I asked about the difference in size he ignores me and says this.  I should fax a picture of your old boobs to your gym these look great and your husband loves them too.  Hellooooo????  He doesn't want to go and fix them cause he will lose money if we go into the hospital.  He even admitted they are "off"  I have an appointment this Friday morning to discuss it again and every time I get there I clam up like a wuss.  Am I wrong for thinking I shouldn't have to pay for any of this since they are not right?
Any input would help alot since I need to grow some balls by Friday morning

Thanks
Chris

311     /     286    /      150    /   160
Highest /   Surgery  /  Current  /  
  Goal

vickie O.
on 8/4/09 1:24 pm - amarillo, TX
sounds to me like he owes you the repair job.  grow some balls.  lol   vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

JerssyQueen
on 8/4/09 1:44 pm - Lancaster, PA
Trying Vicki Im trying

Goal

Redhaired
on 8/4/09 3:06 pm - Mouseville, FL
Where does he get off even joking about faxing a pic of you to the gym -- and what does it matter whether your husband likes the new girls or not -- who is the patient you or your husband.  This guy sounds like a jerk!

Red

JerssyQueen
on 8/4/09 3:30 pm - Lancaster, PA
I agree.  Will see how it goes on Friday.  My husband said he's going to ask him to fix HIS mistakein a calm cool manner.  If he doesnt he said were going straight to another plastic surgeon and having a consult and pics taken then hiring a lawyer.  Oh crap I'm stressing already  

Goal

Wendy_Canada
on 8/4/09 4:24 pm, edited 8/4/09 4:25 pm - Canada
my doctor told me from my first consult that if after surgery there was something i was not happy with that he would fix it free of charge BUT i would have to pay for the anethatist or hospital. They will guarantee their work but still have to pay the other two. If he fixed it at his office he would not have to pay the hosptial fee.

Good Luck ........Did you sign a contract regarding redone work and who was responsible for touchups?  because i had to sign one before surgery

Wendy

JerssyQueen
on 8/4/09 5:32 pm - Lancaster, PA
I'm going to check my paper work as soon as I walk in the door from work.  From what I'm hearing it looks like I'm going to have to pay for the hospital for the touch up work    Like I have that on top of what I already paid for

Thanks for the info
Chris

Goal

DEBI R.
on 8/4/09 6:59 pm - CORSICANA, TX

My surgeon didn't take enough skin off of my stomach and arms and said he will do a revision for free if I have another procedure with him but I would still have to pay for the operating room, hospital stay and anesthesiologist again myself for the revision.  It doesn't seem fair but it's also not fair for the others not to get paid either so I will have to pay it if I want a revision. I understand where you're coming from I don't have the extra money either. I also feel like I shouldn't have to have another surgery just to get him to do a revision. I'd be afraid to have your nipple redone in a office but that's just me.  Good luck with yours, keep us posted.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Jessie-F
on 8/5/09 2:14 am
Hi Chris,
It's usually the norm to have to pay for anesthesia/hospital fees for a revision. With that said, I think he was very unprofessional with his remarks. Maybe you can jot down what you would like to say to him and bring that note with you. As you make each point clear scratch it off the list and right down the replies you are getting from him. Summarize everything on your list with him so that both of you are clear on the outcome.
Maybe your husband or a friend can accompany you to be your faux balls!

I would pay the extra fees and have the procedure done in a hospital so that others can be aware of his mistake. Plus, it is safer.

jereyes
on 8/5/09 3:25 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Sorry to hear that you are not happy with you outcome.  Most PS will do revisions free of charge, but the patient is then required to pay the OR, hospital stay, and for anesthesiologist.  My daughter had a breast reduction last summer and then her results bottomed out.  She had a revision two weeks ago in the PS office.  She was awake during the revision.  They just used local anesthesia.  Her nipples did not need to be relocated.  PS just needed to cut off some more skin and stitch her up.  The whole procedure took about 2 hours with surgeon and 2 assistance and I stayed it the room.  It was not as bad as I expected.  You need to feel comfortable with your decisions.    The PS also made some very inappropriate comments.  You are the client and he should be doing what ever  it takes to satisfy you.  Good Luck and I hope you grow some balls by Friday.
Most Active