total body lift question

margaretgiberson
on 8/4/09 6:12 am - North Augusta, SC
I have had my first plastics consult and have two more to go.  My question is if I plan on arms/boobs, tummy tuck (with vaginal lift) or whatever it is called and butt and thighs- which set is best to do first.    Anyone know about how long I would be out of work for each - I am a nurse but sit at a desk all day.  I would like to start this in October/November.  Help!  thanks
BigCityGirl
on 8/4/09 7:00 am - San Diego, CA
Your surgeon will know best how to stage your work.  I had my Lower Body Lift first followed by a second surgery with my arms and breasts done together.  I'm having some thigh work done, not a lift but some lipo later this year which should complete everything. 

Two weeks for LBL.
One week for Arms and breasts
Two weeks for facelift
Probably a week for the thigh work (only lipo)
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
hicksgx
on 8/4/09 7:13 am - Hitchcock, TX

I had upper body lift done in April.  I was off for 3 weeks, then 1 week haf days.  Arms really swell alot when you use them.  I do computer work all day, so that doesnt help matters. 

Lost 136 lbs,         
Upper Torsoplasty with Saline implants 4-16-09
Dr. John LoMonaco, M.D. F.A.C.S., www.drlomonaco.com
inkerdoodles
on 8/4/09 9:30 am - Schenectady, NY
My PS recommended doing what bothers you the WORST first... So I did a lower body lift... May be someday wayyyyyy down the road I may do breast implants and my arms. But at this point who knows......

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

sonnieN
on 8/5/09 12:00 am - grand rapids, MI
I had my LBL & Brachio done at the same time. The next surgery will be my thighs and BL/BA. My surgeon didn't want to do the BL/BA w/ the LBL because he said it would be too long of a surgery. He also doesn't do the thighs at the same time as a LBL because he feels that it pulls in the opposite directions and can affect the results and slow the healing of both.

I'm going to be off work for 4 weeks (unless my short-term disability gets extended).

Sonya
margaretgiberson
on 8/5/09 12:50 am - North Augusta, SC
Thanks everyone for all of the info.  It helps immensely.
Most Active