Breast lift without implants

Rose1124
on 8/4/09 5:04 am - Inver Grove Heights, MN
I am planning on getting a breast and arm lift sometime in the near furture. I had my consult already, now I just have to figure out when I can get the time off of work to actually do it!

So my question is, for those of you who have had breast lifts...once you had your lift did you continue to lose weight, did your breast continue to get smaller? 

I ask because before surgery I was a 48DDD, now I am a 40DDD at my consult I told the doctor that I didn't really want to lose any volume, I like my DDD's  So I am just wondering if I get them lifted, but still have more weight to lose, will get smaller?

I weight lose has slowed and I know I have more to lose, but I need to lose it in my stomach and thighs. I am just curious if one they are lifted has anyone had the experience of then having to get implants to make them bigger.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

Thanks!

~Rose
Lap-RNY 4/2/08
397/373/267/<250
HW/SW/CW/GW
~~~130 POUNDS LOST AND GONE FOREVER~~~

Jupiter6
on 8/4/09 6:21 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I lost 220 pounds. I was a 48H pre op and am now a 34C and had a breast lift without implants.

I wouldn't even consider a breast lift until I was within grasp of my goal weight. Breasts are fat. You lose fat, you will lose breast tissue.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

BigCityGirl
on 8/4/09 6:56 am - San Diego, CA
I waited until I was a goal weight before I had mine done.  I was a 42E at my largest and I ended up a 36D.  I am not tall - 5'6" and I am short waisted with long legs and big boobs on someone with my body only makes one look matronly and fat.  I now have an athletic body and my boobs fit my body correctly.....and it's so much easier to fit in button down, fitted blouses with smaller breasts.

You will lose breast volume with a lift.  You will continue to lose breast volume with additional weight loss.  I would wait until you are at goal weight before having them done.  Same with all other plastics.

Good luck with your decision.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
jereyes
on 8/4/09 10:41 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I had a breast lift without implants.  My PS used a procedure of cutting along my back where my bra line would be.  He then rotated the tissue from my back to fill out my breasts.  I was at goal weight at the time of surgery.  I have had some bounce back weight gain.  My breasts now are to large 34DDD.  My goal was to be a C.  I am now looking into a breast reduction.  I would not have platic surgery until you have been at goal weight for 3-6 months.  Many PS will ask if you are at goal weight and for how long.  Good Luck!
Wendy_Canada
on 8/4/09 11:41 am - Canada
I went from 327 pounds down to 140 before my plastic surgery and from a 44F to two hanging sausages.  I had a breast LIFT with no implants June of this year and now a 36 C  and I love them.  When your body size is smaller you want to be in proportion and like the others said breast tissue is fat cells.  You will lose in the breasts if you want to or not.  I'd wait !!!!  till after your at goal.  the surgeon wants you to be at goal about 6 months before plastic surgery.

Good Luck

Wendy

Rose1124
on 8/4/09 12:21 pm - Inver Grove Heights, MN

Thank you all for the advance! It is hard to know what to do. My one big question now is...what if my goal weight isn't to weigh 160? Don't get me wrong I think every one that has lost that much weight is now in the 100's I am sooo happy for them, but that is not my goal nor will it ever be. Part of my issue with goal weight is that I can't seem to figure out what mine is or should be. My surgeon won't give me a goal weight I don't have a "when I was ____ weight, that is where I want to be" weight. I have been over 350 pounds for most of my life at least since 9th grade for sure, if not before than.

I do agree with everyone that I should wait until I am at goal, but I just don't know what the goal is for me. I would be happy at 250, but is that a "good enough" goal?

I appreciate all of the advance!

Thanks!

~Rose
Lap-RNY 4/2/08
397/373/267/<250
HW/SW/CW/GW

Jupiter6
on 8/4/09 1:09 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I was nearly 370 when I started my weight loss. I am around 150 today. Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done.

Fact is though, supersized people rarely get that low. So what you could do is follow your plan to the letter, and don't start looking at plastics until you're closer to two years out-- I lost over  20 more pounds between where you are now and my 2 year anniversary.

If you like 250, and it affords you all the health benefits you feel you will need for life, then go with that.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Rose1124
on 8/10/09 5:45 am - Inver Grove Heights, MN
Thanks!

~Rose
Lap-RNY 4/2/08
397/373/267/<250
HW/SW/CW/GW

Mslayd02 aka Mrs.
Big_Cle

on 8/5/09 4:09 am - Durham, NC
Rose,

A good enough goal is a goal that you are healthy and they your doctor feels would be a healthy weight for you. Although by all standards my goal weigh she be around 150, me nor my doctor felt that was a good idea. So we both agree that 200 was a good weight. I personally would like to get down to 180, just to have cushion to play with if I should gain some weight back.  You might want to reconsider 250.  Being overweight all my  life I completely understand how pleased you are to have lost as much as you have thats a huge accomplishment, because I am the same way now. But like I said I want that cushion to play with. Pick a max weight you want to get down to and shot for that.

I too am looking to have a arm lift and have considered doing the breast lift too. I have all ways been top heavy and I have become attached to my breast (lol) I want a lift but I dint want to get down to a C cup either.  I guess I need to go to a consultation to see what my options are.

Road Less Travelled
on 8/9/09 11:42 pm
VSG on 12/13/10 with
I still have more to lose -- but could not take the "big girls" anylonger

I lost weight - but never the girls - and doc said that was common.

so while I have most a few pounds since the reduction/lift - the size did not change - but for me even if it does I am OK with that.  I am now a full C

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

Most Active