Arm lift (brachioplasty)

Mslayd02 aka Mrs.
Big_Cle

on 8/3/09 10:57 pm - Durham, NC
Any one in the North Carolina area had an arm lift done? If so by who and what was the cost? Also how long after surgery did you have the surgery done? Recover time? And how bad was the scaring?

sboyd1
on 8/4/09 12:37 am - Pearland, TX
I'm not from NC, but I can answer the other questions. I had my brachioplasty 3 years after my wls. I was off work for 2 weeks, but I was driving after 1 week... My recovery time was extremely fast.... no drains, I did wear a compression garment. The scarring wasn't bad either.... and they continue to fade/flatten with time. I'm 8 months out from my brachioplasty. Check your messages. I sent you some information.... let me know.... sb
Rose1124
on 8/4/09 4:51 am - Inver Grove Heights, MN
I too am thinking about getting a arm lift. I am about 15 months out. Got a question for you regarding scarring. They always say thing scarring in people of color is a lot worse than others, would you agree? I mean I know my scar may be darker than some, but it is really that bad? 

Thanks,
Rose

~Rose
Lap-RNY 4/2/08
397/373/267/<250
HW/SW/CW/GW
~~~130 POUNDS LOST AND GONE FOREVER~~~

sboyd1
on 8/4/09 7:16 am - Pearland, TX
That hasn't been my experience. There are so many different scar treatments available, that if that were the case, the scarring creams would/could possibly address that issue. Also, you have to understand something. I was SO disgusted with my arms, that if I had ended up with a bright neon purple X on the outside of my arms, it would have been better than the hanging skin and fat. I was completely repulsed by my arms, so my brachioplasty was clearly the only choice for me. Weigh what's important to you and make your decision, but no, the scar was/is not that big of an issue. It's on the inside of my arms, and unless I show you, you'd never see it.
Rose1124
on 8/4/09 12:27 pm - Inver Grove Heights, MN
Like you I am digusted by my arms also. The scar is the least of my worries. I don't really care about the scar at all. Getting rid of the hanging skin and fat completely out weighs whatever scar I would have.

Thanks!

~Rose
Lap-RNY 4/2/08
397/373/267/<250
HW/SW/CW/GW
~~~130 POUNDS LOST AND GONE FOREVER~~~

Most Active