Cost of TT

Karen O.
on 8/3/09 9:01 am - Erie, PA
I know my insurance won't pay for it because I have no rashes or problems.  I had rashes like crazy before WLS ... but now, NOTHING!  Except for in my bellybutton sometimes when I sweat a lot when I work out.  

Anyways, I know I am still about a year away from plastics ... but was wondering the cost some people paid out of pocket if their insurance did not cover it.  I am talking about the doctors cost AND the hospital cost.  

My mom lost a massive amount of weight without WLS & went in for a hysterectomy & paid $7,000 for her TT .... but since she was in there for a hysterectomy I believe her insurance picked up the hospital stay bill.  

K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/09 10:28 am
Hi, I live in New Jersey and I am scheduled for a tummy tuck and breast lift on August 25th.  My tummy tuck is costing me $7,200 and breast lift is costing $6,200.

Good Luck with your search.

Sherline
Karen O.
on 8/3/09 11:19 am - Erie, PA
Does this include hospital stay?  Or is this cost for the doctor only? 

Good luck .. only 3 weeks away, I bet you are super excited!
                                                       K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/09 1:12 am
That was just the doctor's fee.  The doctor, hospital, anesthesiologist fee total is $19,000.  I may get implants which will cost an additional $6,000.  It's expensive, but I believe it's going to be worth every penny.

Sherline
inkerdoodles
on 8/3/09 10:44 am - Schenectady, NY
It really does vary from area to area...... Mine was 10.5 for just an circumfrential lower body lift.... My BFF is paying close to 14 for an extended abdominoplasty & a breast reduction with no implants....

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

sonnieN
on 8/3/09 11:38 am - grand rapids, MI
I had an LBL and brachio and everything was $11,635 hospital stay included. If I had gone w/ just the TT & brachio it would have been just over $6,000.

Sonya
johns-wife
on 8/3/09 1:06 pm
If you are willing to consider other countries, Mexico has lots of good plastic surgeons. Check out Cosmed (Dr. Quiroz) www.cosmedtj.com and in Monterrey, Dr. Sauceda. http://www.medicaltourism.com.mx/ and http://www.medicaltourism.com.mx/page9.php
Dr. Sauceda has lots of sucess stories on PSjourneys.com and people have posted that he discounts combo procedures ..like 10K for breast lift + augmentation, Lipo, Tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift with fat injections. He is who I plan to use when I save up enough.
princesshan
on 8/3/09 5:11 pm - ID
I am having mine done in Ogden Ut and it is only costing me 5500 for a tummy tuck.  Labs and the girdle are a seperate charge. Hope that helps.
dmoore1162
on 8/3/09 9:13 pm
I would double check with your insurance.  Mine paid for my surgery in full.  I was not experiencing rashes.  I was having a lot of low back pain (that I didn't have before my rny).  This was caused by the excess skin in my abdominal area.   If that is one of the reasons your insurance would pay for it, I would suggest making sure your doctor documents low back pain (whine, even if it's only minor).  Or visit a chiropractor on a regular basis. 

Also, don't know if this is an option for you, but sometime employers offer more than one option for insurance.  When your open enrollment comes make sure you check that out. 

My surgeon bill was $12,000 for my abdominal plasty, hospital was $17,000 and the anesthesia was $3,000.  My abdominalplasty was a little more extensive. 

Delores Moore
it's never too late

katiekat412
on 8/4/09 3:01 am
I agree. Some insurance companies are lax in their requirements and you may not need rashes. Check with your insurance carrier and an experienced PS who knows the run around.

I have a PS consult tomorrow. EEK! I haven't had any rashes, but my insurance may cover the stomach from what I've heard from the surgeon at his lecture. I would still have to pay for the muscle tightening though.Otherwise, I am going to Dr. Sauceda in MX. I am going to him regardless for the other procedures (BA/BL. TL). I have read excellent reviews and I've alrady been qouted a price.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Most Active