too much skin, not enough tissue for breast reduction

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/4/09 7:13 am - OH
According to the PS, I don't have enough actual breast tissue left to qualify for insurance-covered breast reduction *unless I want to be SMALL busted!)... I just have LOTS of skin... and when he explained the "keyhole" surgery he would need to do in order to do the lift, I started to feel queasy... way too much cutting (especially since I am a bit "gun shy" after the necrosis following my TT).

It's kind of moot... if insurance won't cover it, I cannot afford to do it... I won't have my TT paid off until late next year.  So I guess I just have to continue to fold everything into my DD bras...

Bother.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

vickie O.
on 8/4/09 7:59 am - amarillo, TX
sorry to hear that. hang in there. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Jessie-F
on 8/4/09 9:08 am
Wow, bummer. If it was me, I would still do the reduction, even if it was smaller. If the breast is reduced, it is also lifted. To me that is so much better than folding in the breast. You can wear push-up bras when you want a fuller look or later on get enhanced. You might actually like smaller breast though. I'm just trying to see the positive in this, but understand how bummed out you must be, sorry.
Wendy_Canada
on 8/4/09 11:34 am - Canada
I was in the same position as you.  I have always had big breasts and was called cow tits etc when i went to high school.  When i lost my weight and decided to do my tummy tuck i wanted to go all the way and have a breast reduction.  In loosing weight i lost VOLUME in my breasts and did not have enough tissue that qualified me for a breast reduction to be covered by insurance.  The doctor told me in pulling tissue from the sides and up he felt i still had enough for a C cup which i was pleased with.  i did it all June 29th of this year and I LOVE IT................I walk past the mirror and step back and look again.  i can't believe how perky they are. I can't believe this is me.

If there is a way to do it I would recommend it and you won't regret it.  I do understand the money situation.   Wishing you the best with your decission

Wendy

Jupiter6
on 8/4/09 12:59 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

I was a 48H, and I too couldn't get the reduction covered, so I know what you're going through.

Shop around on the keyhole surgery though. I didn't have the keyhole and do not have the nipple to pedicle scar it leaves-- send me a PM with your email addy if you'd like to see before/after photos.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

DEBI R.
on 8/4/09 7:10 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I have the same problem Lora, too much skin and not enough tissue. My surgeon said he's have to remove 1 1/2 lbs from each breasts for a reduction and I would end up an A cup which I wouldn't be happy with. I hate the side boobs so I'm trying to save as much as I can and hoping to have them done by March 2010 at least. I still owe on my LBL and arms so I can't get another loan right now.

I'm going to also check on a residency program and see how much cheaper they might be. I sure hope I get a nice refund on my income tax next year and that would help alot.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active