Wavy Jello Like Belly

Cindy C.
on 8/3/09 2:20 am
I had my TT on 04/27.  I'm still having trouble with my belly swelling as the day goes on.  I know this can be perfectly normal.  However, above my belly button, it jiggles and kind of waves when I touch it  - especially later in the day.  It's been worse this past few weeks.  Could it be that I have fluid built up?  Should I call the surgeon?  I'm going to the beach in a few days and my confidence has went right out the door.  Any suggestions?

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

Cindy F.
on 8/3/09 2:31 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
I would call the surgeron and see when he says.  Tap into his expertise.  Hope you get an answer.

Hugs Cindy
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Cindy C.
on 8/3/09 2:42 am

My surgery was 14 weeks ago.  This makes me feel more fat than I did before the TT.  I called and they're out to lunch.  I'll post again after I talk to him.  I'm hoping he'll have me come in and maybe drain some fluid.

Cindy

workingmommy
on 8/4/09 12:44 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
It sounds just like fluid build-up and swelling.  But a call to the Dr is never a bad idea.  good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Cindy C.
on 8/4/09 5:53 am
I have an appt with the surgeon on Friday.  They seemed really reluctant to have me come in.  The nurse said I shouldn't have fluid build-up since my surgery was 14 weeks ago.  I told her it's been like this for several weeks - it's just getting worse.  Actually, I think the last few times they saw me, it was like that.  They seem to just blow-off any concerns I have.  Not very happy with my choice of surgeon.  You know what they say about hind sight.

Cindy

scrappywings
on 8/4/09 8:28 am - Riverside, CA
I am only 4 weeks out, so not sure if it will help, but did you try and start wearing your binder again?  I am still in my binder 24/7 and boy does it get tight after any type of activity.  My ps also said to watch for the "water bed" movement, not just a little, but a lot.  If I do get that I am supposed to go back.

Good Luck.
Cindy C.
on 8/4/09 10:16 am
I wore my binder 24/7 for the first several weeks.  After that, I went for a week or so without it and just felt swollen and uncomfortable.  Now I wear it at night (usually from about 11:00 pm  to about noon the next day.  Sometimes I wear it until early evening and take it off to let my skin breath a little.  I definately swell more without it!  I'm going to see the surgeon on Friday to see if he thinks anything needs drained.

Thank You,

Cindy

Most Active