I can't beleive I'm STILL in pain!!

CupcakeNikki72
on 8/2/09 4:06 am
I'm 9 days post op from a TT, TL, breast implant refill and lipo and I'm still in unbearable pain. It's the "Y" incisions from my TL that are giving me the most pain, every move I make feels like my stitches are ripping. I'm also bleeding quite a bit along with some yellow liquid(TMI I know..sorry Confused ) from the incisions in the creases at the top of my legs. This is waaaaaayyyyy worse than I anticipated. My PS isn't prescribing me anymore pain meds so I'm totally on my own(because of my gastric bypass 10 years ago Tylenol and Advil etc. do nothing for me). I can't even get up to pee, it's just not worth the pain so I'm holding it as long as I can =( My hubby thinks I should go the ER, I'm not sure what to do. My PS has been no help, he says I shouldn't be in this much pain at this point and doesn't know what to tell me.
Anyone else still have pain 9days+ post op? When did you finally start to have some relief? Should I just go to the ER? Is this normal? Ugh, I'm so tired of hurting, I honestly wouldn't have had the TL if I knew it was going to be so incredibly painful =(

gaelicprincess
on 8/2/09 11:12 am - Pensacola, FL
VSG on 04/17/09 with
Um, how many TL has your PS done?  TL's are notorious for being pretty painful, for about 2 weeks.  Don't suffer, I would say go to ER and get some relief.  I hope you feel better soon

Diane B.
on 8/3/09 2:52 am - Seymour, CT
Gentle hugs, Cupcake...I am so sorry you are having so much pain.  It makes me think that something is not right there.  I had the works done, including the full TL, and have had no pain meds but Tyl & Ibupro. since about day 4-5.  Are those incisions pulled too tight, do you think? or maybe an infection since you are still draining?  Maybe you should go the the ER, if for nothing than just for a 2nd opinion that you are indeed fine, just sore.  Please let us know.

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 8/3/09 7:53 am - Springfield, MA
I had a TT three weeks ago and still need to take pain meds. now and then.  I guess is part of the healing process but if you are worried just call your surgeon and tell him/her about your concern.  Best wishes to you.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/3/09 10:14 am - OH
I took pain meds on a semi-regularly basis for 4 weeks after my TT.  Some of that was because of the encrosis, but most of it was just because the muscle HURT where he stitched it to the mesh from my previous hernia repair!

If your surgeon is being so unhelpful at only 9 days out (especially after you had SO much work done!!!!), I would go to the ER.  Maybe THEM hassling him will bring him around... or at least they will perhaps give you somethigng for pain.

Sorry that you are so miserable.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active