Circumferential LBL last Wednesday: Ow.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/09 1:43 pm
That's really all I have to say:  ow.  

I want to thank you all for educating me about what to expect.  I think that even though the surgeon and his nurses warned me exhaustively about the drains and the sveltdt garment and potential pain, I would not have taken in even a fraction of it without reading it here, and I am grateful for the warning.

At this point I have no idea how things will go or what I will look like -- I'm in comfy jammies, happily being ignored by my teenagers, and adored by the nine year old -- also wigged out on as little Vicodin as I can tolerate.  

So thank you to all on the Plastics Board, and thank you for those who have posted information and photos and who can read the ramblings of a woman on Vicodin.

I'll keep you posted.  I see the doctor on Tuesday.
661jennifer
on 8/2/09 2:28 pm - bakersfield, CA
Nice to see you made it take it easy and enjoy what is left of summer....
"People are healed by different kinds of healers and systems because the real healer is within." - George Goodheart

DEBI R.
on 8/2/09 8:41 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I'm glad everything's going well, remember to get lots of protein it really helps with healing. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Honeyblonde
on 8/2/09 10:08 pm - MN
Have some more Vicodin.........LOVE the rambling!!  And, that you're adored by your 9  yr. old!!

Take CAre!

~ BJ

HW- 313  SW - 292   GW - 185  Current - 165

Renee2007
on 8/3/09 12:35 am - Central, FL
I've been wondering about you and how you were doing. It just plain sucks the first couple of weeks but hang in there it'll get better. Keep those vicodin close at hand! Take care and rest up.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Jupiter6
on 8/3/09 12:48 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
This crap's brutal but it does pass, slowly and in stages. Gets a LOT better when the drains are gone...look forward to that!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Cindy F.
on 8/3/09 2:39 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Oh exciting your on the other side.  Rest drink and eat lots of protein to heal. 

Can't wait to see your pictures.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Jeanine F.
on 8/3/09 2:57 am - Clifton Park, NY
Well, I'll be where you're at in another 6 weeks, so I empathize. Take it easy and follow doctors orders. I wish you well and hope the pain is manageable.  Jeanine

DS Facts
on 8/3/09 4:29 am
Great to see you posting. Keep us updated!
Most Active