Kinesiotape anyone?

Diane B.
on 8/2/09 6:00 am - Seymour, CT
Hi

I am 3 weeks out, and am lucky to have a friend in the medical field of rehabilitation.  She has been very kind about assessing my healin/scars, and has begun taping me with this special tape, using a sort of criss cross pattern.  We started with the arms first, since they healed the fastest, and when she changed the tape I was pleasantly surprised.  If my scars heal this thinly, I will be one happy camper.  We did my thighs on Friday, and I'm going to do the tummy myself tonight.  Of course, this means that when I take my 4 week pics, the scars will be taped, but as soon as this therapy is done, I will be sure to post pictures.  

Of course I am compressed 24/7 and I massage several times a day. The website is www.kinesiotape.com or 1-888-344-tape (8273) You can even look up to see if there are any licenced providers in your state.  If you follow the directions carefully, I believe you can even order it on amazon or wherever and try it yourself.

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

Monica P.
on 8/2/09 9:37 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

Is this the same black tape that volleyball players were wearing during the summer olympics? 

I got a sample of it at the SF Half Marathon and wore it around my knees because I read it would alleviate the soreness.....13 miles later, it works!! Didn't know it could aid in the healing of wounds, that's awesome!!

Diane B.
on 8/2/09 12:22 pm - Seymour, CT
Maybe....on the website it says it comes in different colors, and has been used in the Olympics.  Mine is the same color as an ace bandage, and has a weave pattern to it when you stretch it.  It feels comfortable and supportive, and doesn't seem pricey to me.

Diane B. 

Monica P.
on 8/2/09 1:08 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

This is what I used: http://www.kttape.com/default.asp

I wish I had kept the packaging because it made a significant difference on my knees. Usually once I cross the finish line I begin to hobble around because my knees begin to get stiff and hurt. I really thought this tape was a big hoax when I saw it on the Olymipcs but it works!!

Yes, its strethcy and my samples came in black and pink. It HURT to peel off though!! :)

Have a safe happy recovery!!

Ms Shell
on 9/13/09 5:28 am - Hawthorne, CA
I just came across your post and was wondering how the Kinesio Tape has been with your scar healing?

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Diane B.
on 9/14/09 5:15 am - Seymour, CT
Hey Ms. Shell

It has been great. It was applied in a criss/cross pattern to keep it thin once the scars were healed.  Now I use it in a long strip to keep the scars from being too "raised".  I would reccommend it! 

Diane B. 

Most Active