Thigh Lifters--- a question

Jupiter6
on 7/31/09 9:32 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
My PS' office assistant keeps telling me over and over how hellish the thigh lift is. (I'm planning thigh/buttock lift for next year.) Now yes, I thought the gauntlet of surgeries I just ran was hell enough-- she swears it's worse. What's your experience? Satisfied? Mobility? Pain? Time off?

Thanks.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

huskerfan85
on 7/31/09 9:59 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I had an inner and outter thigh lift with 5 pounds of skin and tissue removed and then some lipo also.  It has been very easy for me.  Was driving 3 days after, just had to be careful getting in and out of the car.  Took one pain pill the day of surgery about 5 hours after.  I flew to California from Colorado on July 12 with surgery on June 17th.  I did lots of walking and sitting while there.  No issues at all.  Some small holes high up in the groin area but even those are healing well.  I am very happy,and no longer have the pain and pulling when I work out at the gym.  Now I just need a butt lift as tha sags and bounces when I work out.
Gayle  6'2" 

wendybear1
on 7/31/09 10:36 am - Brooklyn, NY
It isn't as bad as the Tummy Tuck I had last summer, but I still can't sit up too long or I need pain meds! (and I'm not talking tylenol!)

BigCityGirl
on 7/31/09 1:08 pm - San Diego, CA
It's the one thing I didn't have done but one of my friends had it done and she didn't have too many problems with it except for keeping the groin area clean.  I've heard that it is the surgery which has the most complications.  I also heard that the hockey stick scar tends to migrate south a bit but it hasn't happened to my friend, at least not yet. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
ShirleyG
on 7/31/09 10:35 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
TT far worse BUT you need to get the standing pee thingy LOL  sorry I got it but cant remembver the name.  It keeps you from having to bend so many times to pee and is easier to keep the groin area clean too . it is about $20.00 and a lifesaver
I was back to wrk in 10 days BUT GET READY  ,,,,SWELL HELLOOOOOOOOOOO all the way to your feet.
Lots of things I would have done different though now that i know ..
Shirley
happy girl
on 8/1/09 6:11 am
I had the worst time with my TL.  I had my TT and TL at the same time but the TL caused 10x more problems than the TT.  I had a lot of complications so that didn't help.

All up I was off 7 weeks and it was a good 4 weeks before getting out of the house and maybe 6-7 weeks before I felt ok.

I had major pain issues.... I started with 3 drains and didn't get the last one out for 3 weeks I think. I rejected my suture material and my incisions abcessed.  I am 3+ months out and am glad I did it, but it's like nothing else I have been through.

One of the other posters mentioned the funnel for peeing, I got mine at a camping store and found it to be the best thing ever...second only to my pain meds  www.freshette.com

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Diane B.
on 8/2/09 5:36 am - Seymour, CT
Hi Jup,

Love love love my TL!  I am 3 weeks, for everything, and no complications.  I have an area near both knees (drain sites) that are still a little open, as I have been more aggressive in massaging, I still leak a little, enough for just a small gauze pad.  I keep a clean steri strip on it to keep it closed.  I bought the freshette, but didn't use it.  I was able to sit comfortably because I think of where the incision is placed.  I only needed to becareful to sit all the way back on the seat for more support, rather than just perching on the front of the seat...that felt like it pulled more.  Still, I think you are once brave warrior!

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

Most Active