LBL vs Inner Thigh Lift (long incision)

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/09 12:51 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Has anyone had the Thigh Lift (long incision) done BEFORE their LBL?   I know most times the LBL is done first but my thighs are my biggest problem and I'm just wondering if it would make sense to have that done before the LBL.

If you had the Inner Thigh lift done first please let me know how it worked and if you had any regrets.

Would be nice to have it all done at the same time but I know that is impossible.

Thanks!
huskerfan85
on 8/1/09 1:39 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi after consulting with my surgeon we decided I would do the inner and outer lift first and the lbl second.  My thighs were HUGE and my worst area so he felt that I would get the best results doing it that way.  I will not have the lbl until next summer so can not tell you for sure that it was the best decison, but I do trust my surgeon.
Gayle  6'2" 

BigCityGirl
on 8/1/09 2:16 am - San Diego, CA
I've head of many having them done together - those brave ladies!
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Redhaired
on 8/1/09 6:52 am - Mouseville, FL
I would think that your surgeon would be the one to advise you on this.  Some thigh lifts are done without the long incision.  I know I will not explain this right but, the skin is pulled up and secured in the groin area along with the incision for the TT.  Talk to your surgeon and see how he recommends staging the surgeries and which type of thigh lift he recommends for you.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/09 7:03 am, edited 8/1/09 7:03 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yep....will be asking him that on Tuesday......always like to get a little info from others before I go in. 
Redhaired
on 8/1/09 7:08 am, edited 8/1/09 7:14 am - Mouseville, FL
Who will you be seeing?

Red

Oh and you can get a pretty good description of medial thigh lift and thighplasty along with a description of the Gluteal (Buttock) Augmentation With Tissue Flaps (this is what I had exactly) at the following:

http://www.bodyaesthetic.com/procedure_dtl.php?QnCategoryID= 8&QnProcedureID=40

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/09 8:08 am, edited 8/2/09 3:17 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for the great links....very interesting stuff!!
Redhaired
on 8/1/09 8:20 am - Mouseville, FL
I hope the consult goes well for you.  Did you ever get a good answer about the butt lift?

Red

Siamak Agha MD PhD
on 8/2/09 3:04 am - Newport Beach, CA
The LBL and the vertical thighplasty procedures are rarely influenced by one another.  That means you can do one or the other first or combine them in one setting.  I sometimes do the vertical thighplasty first with another procedure.  I then perform a LBL with a Spiral Thigh Lift during the subsequent procedure. 

The vertical thighplasty is a reductive procedure.  It reduces the circumferance of ur thigh only.  The Spiral thigh lift is a complete lift.  Together with a LBL, it lifts the outer, front, inner, and back of ur thigh.  All weight loss patients will need a thigh lift.  Some will benefit from a reductive vertical thighplasty in addition. 

To learn more about Post-bariatric Plastic Surgery Procedures, you may download my complimentary booklet at www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/b/  or visit my website at www.plasticsurgeycal.com

Siamak Agha MD PhD
Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgery
Specializing in Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
www.plasticsurgerycal.com

Most Active