Question? My First Post on PS Board

Kbmburton
on 7/31/09 5:01 am - Terre Haute, IN
I am almost 2 years Post OP and am interested in PS.  I have looked at hundreds of TT pictures and have yet to find any before pictures that show someone that is shaped like I am.  My upper abdomen sticks out farther than my lower ab.  I appear to have a "spare tire" around my waist.  Just wondering what the "afters" look like and kinda what I can expect.  Can anyone help me? 

vickie O.
on 7/31/09 6:51 am - amarillo, TX

i can't help you on that but i just want to say welcome to the board.  vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Jupiter6
on 7/31/09 9:37 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
The sort of shape you're describing is a lot like mine-- although I had a hangy pannus too.

They address this by doing an anchor cut abdominoplasty. Instead of just slicing under your belly, there's also a vertical scar from your sternum to your pubis and they pull the skin in to the center from the sides. (If you already have an "open" surgical scar they can usually reuse it. I had a crooked-y one from an emergency bowel repair, so I have a kind of "off" one.)

I think it yields a much more curvy, feminine result, personally. PM me your email address if you'd like to see photos--- keep in mind I am still quite swollen and had multiple procedures.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Melissa M.
on 7/31/09 2:42 pm - Seabrook, TX
Have you tried makemeheal.com?  Maybe you can go through those pics and find some closer to your size.  I know I had a hard time finding one shaped like me too.  I was more of an apple shape when I was obese so I carried lots of my weight in my belly.  I think those that had a more pear shape end up with a nicer waist line naturally because they have the large hips that give the nice hour glass shape.  Kinda wish I had had that shape!  My PS said that since my hip area was slightly narrower than my rib cage area, that it was going to be hard to give me a waist.  Plus I'm short and the difference between my hips and my ribs were bearly a hand's length apart according the the dr.  Anyway, I digress, but I'm sure you might be able to find some similar.  It may take some time though.

Good luck,
Melissa
Most Active