Swell hell--or-- Let's Update!-- or--- Kvetch Along With Jupiter!

Jupiter6
on 7/31/09 4:42 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Okay, let's do some serious whining about swelling, pain, and everything else that torques us post-op!!

First-- my arms are still purple and I ain't getting a call back. So if you hear a thud or two, it's my damn arms falling off. I had to grease my ring back off before my finger pudge ate it. My left wrist is almost an inch wider than my right.

Second-- where the arms are purple, the scars are much thicker-- super thin on the rest of the arms. So I broke down and threw money at the issue and bought silicone scar strips. At this point my whole self is a scar, so I am gonna use them just on the worst scarring and my facial scars. My PS doesn't think they work (although my facial PS swears by them)--well, he doesn't think you can prove they work, in any case.

Third-- Official weigh in-- I weighed 152.6 on the gym scale. In June, I weighed 154 pounds on that scale. So even though I left over 10 pounds on the OR floor, I have lost just 1.4 pounds overall. This might have a lot to do with why I can't wear ANY of my pants! GAH! If you were supersized and had an abdominoplasty, how long until the water left you? This is gettin' stoopid at 5 weeks out.

Fourth-- I am walking a mile and a half at a shot now-- and I do it in the AM now so it's cooler and I am not as beat-- but damn, that starts the swell-o-rama bright and early. Ideas?

C'mon now-- it's your turn--- kvetch away!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

happy girl
on 7/31/09 8:53 am
I am 3.5 months post op and this week I am swelling like crazy above my waist.  I actually can't decide if it's swelling or if I am fat.  My TT incision goes vertically down my stomach and parts of my incision are sore.

I am going to spend the weekend in my binder and see if that helps

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

workingmommy
on 7/31/09 9:48 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I was just complaining to my mom about this today.  I went for my 3 week follow up from round two.  While there, we looked at all the pics the PS has taken.  I knew I was swollen more this time than with round 1 but good lord!  I want my post LBL shape back!  My forearms, fingers, and wrists look like they did pre WLS.  Going out definitely makes it worse!  I know I need to be patient, but geeeeez!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

PamT
on 7/31/09 1:20 pm - Downey, CA
Patience? I'm severely lacking,,wonder where I can get some??? 

My TT is still giving me problems. First it was the swelling. Made me look six months pregnant. Pretty scarey sight at 60!!!!!!!!!!   It was a seroma. Had that drained 10 times. Then a hole in the incision line that led to another pocket of fluid. I have to clean that hole 4 times a day, wa**** out & rebandage it. Plus the binder. Ughhh,, I'm SOOO tired of bandages & binders I could scream!!!!! 7 weeks since the TT and it feels like it's been FOREVER!

Boobies are healed but I don't really like them. Yes, they are lifted but still look saggy to me. They are just saggy higher!    They don't have enough omphhh, roundness,, fullness. I knew they'd be small but I didn't realize they'd still be flat. I guess I need an augmentation. 

Lower facelift is great, as are my arms. I am greatful for that,,,, and honestly, for the TT & BL also. It'll all turn out ok,,I'm sure of that.

I just have to be PATIENT!!!!

PamT  
trudie74
on 8/1/09 12:50 am - Round Rock, TX
With school about to start back, and me being a teacher I am freaking out that my clothes don't fit.  I tossed clothes as I outgrew them, so I have no bigger clothes in my closet.  Very frustrating to be bigger than before surgery!  As for swelling...I am officially excused from my binder, but still find myself needing the God forsaken thing!  Without it I swell extremely fast.  The good news is I found a cincher at Kohls that will let me potty easily and is nice and tight without being as uncomfortable as some others.  Guess I will try that instead of my current post op monstrosity.

103 degrees and I feel like I am wearing cuddle duds!

Most Active